10

Lauren

"So we have found the second suspect regarding your store incident." The officer spoke

I was currently sitting at the police station processing all the paperwork needed to press charges on my mother and whoever else was in my store with her.

"Who is it?"

"It is a man named Antonio Melendez. According to your mother, he's her boyfriend."

I shook my head

"Are you still proceeding with the charges?" The officer looked at me

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean she is your mom." Chris spoke

I slowly turned to look at him

"Ok." He threw his hands up. "I'm just making sure."

"I will be going forward. Thank you officer." I smiled

"No problem. I have everything I need from you. Both suspects are currently in holding and you will be notified if you need to appear for the court case."

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the police station. My mother is crazy out of her mind if she thought she wasn't going to pay for what she did. I have to remodel my entire store because she wants to fuck shit up.

"Can you drop me off at the Berluti office?" I asked Chris as we walked across the parking lot to the car. "I have to look over some sketches."

"Sure." He nodded and opened the car door for me.

"Thank you daddy." I smirked as I got in

"Keep playing with me." He laughed

15 minutes later we were pulling up the the tall building.

"I'll pick you up, just text me."

"Ok." I nodded

He pulled me back by my arm before I could get out.

"Give me a kiss."

I leaned over and pecked his lips a couple times.

"I love you." He smiled

"I love you too." I got out of the car and walked into the building

I took the elevator to the 14th floor and walked inside of the studio. Amy was sitting at the desk by the window.

"Hey." I greeted her and sat my bag on the chair

She simply nodded and her focus remained on her phone.

"Oookay." I mumbled to myself.

I looked around the studio for the sketchbook we were working in but I didn't see it.

"Amy, do you know where the sketchbook is?"

She huffed as she looked up at me from her phone. She then looked down at the desk and held up the book.

"Are you ok?" I asked as I grabbed the book. "Need to talk about it?"

"I'm fine." She lowly spoke

"Ok." I nodded and turned to walk away.

"You know what. No, I'm not fine."

I turned around and she was standing directly in my face. I stepped back a little and looked at her.

"What is it?"

"You fucking my man?"

"What?" I nearly yelled

She crossed her arms. "Every time he's on his phone, your fucking face is there." She pointed. "Now tell me what the fuck is up. You a home wrecker now?" She yelled

"Ok, first of all, get your finger out of my face. Second, lower your voice when speaking to me, we are both adults here. Third, I don't want Jayceon. I've already had him. I don't want him back and he knows that."

Her mouth dropped open slightly. "What the fuck do you mean you've had him?"

"We were married, we have two kids together. He up and left us cause he was 'going through shit' and now he's with you. Technically, you'd be the home wrecker sis."

"You're lying. I don't believe you."

"Call him. Better yet, tell him to come up here. I have nothing to lie about. I'm in a whole relationship and happy. He's the one that's obviously stuck on me."

She angrily grabbed her phone off of the desk and began scrolling then held the phone up to her ear.

"Babe? Can you come up to my job really quick? It's important."

"He'll be here any minute. He was already in the area."

I nodded and walked over to the couch and sat down. A few minutes later she got a call and she walked over to the door. She opened it and Jayceon stood there.

"Come in." Amy stepped aside.

"What's wrong?" He looked at her. He couldn't see me due to where I was sitting.

"I just need some answers babe that's all. Follow me." She grabbed his hand and they walked over to where I was sitting.

"Lauren?" Jay looked shocked. "What's going on?"

"Do you know her?" Amy asked

"No." He spoke then looked at me

I looked back at him with my eyebrow raised

"I mean y-yea. I do."

"How?" Amy crossed her arms

"Yea Jay. Tell her how." I was amused by this whole situation right now

He sighed and sat down. "We were married. We have kids together. I left them to come out here." He paused. "Lauren I'm sorry for leaving you the way I did. I really am."

"I forgave you a long time ago Jay. You can't prosper if you carry around hatred in your heart." I shook my head

"Wow." Amy stood up. "I can't believe this shit."

"What are you so mad for? This was before you. We aren't together now." I watched as she paced the floor. "He's all yours. I made it clear that I do not want him."

"Its the fact that the both of you hid that shit from me. Especially you Jayceon. She owes me no loyalty but you're supposed to be my man. Why didn't you say anything when I introduced you two to each other months ago?"

He simply held his head down and shrugged.

"I have to get out of here." Amy grabbed her jacket and rushed out of the room.

Jayceon ran after her and I just sat there for a moment.

"Well." I mumbled. "That was that." I grabbed the sketchbook and left out as well, calling Chris on my way down.