Chapter 3

Wednesday, 5th January, 2011

Dear diary,                                                                                                                                                                       I woke up early this morning due to a strong smell seaping into my bedroom. I recognised the smell, it was smoke!

I sprung into action. I know you aren't meant to do this when there's a fire but I pulled a small suitcase out from underneath my bed and threw random stuff into it. First I got my teddy bear and my diary. Then I went to my wardrobe and put in some random clothes. Then I put on some shoes and a coat and ran down the stairs. I was out the door when the fire alarm started ringing. Everyone else filed out but with nothing.

I sat on my case and watched from a distance as the firemen tried and failed to put out the fire. I stared as the place I had lived for the first 3 years of my life went up in flames. Tears began to form as I thought of all the happy memories from that house.

Eventually they managed to put out the fire and went in to make sure no one was left inside. No one was thankfully.

I was told we were going to be staying at the same house Ocean had moved to. We got driven there and I was sharing a room with her once agian. 

When I went up to her room I looked around in amazement. The walls were black, she had shelves of skull ornaments and posters of some punk band called the black veil bries. She had cleared out a drawer for my clothes and I had a small camp bed in the corner of the room.

"Star! I missed you!" She picked me up and spun me around like she used to. I looked her up and down. She used to have short black hair but she grew it out so know it flowed around her shoulders. She was wearing black eyeliner and lots of other make up. She had a lacy, thin black dress on and was wearing a black guitar pick necklace with some kind of symbol on. She had one black netted glove on her left hand that went up to her elbow.

I yawned into my hand. "I think I'm going to go to bed now" I told Ocean. "Let me help you get dressed into your pyjamas." She said. "No It's ok, I can do it myself." I told her. "No, I always used to help you. You've changed Star, I don't like it." She said, sounding slightly sad, slightly angry. "What about you? You've changed so much more than I have. You're a g-goth." I stuttered slightly. "You say that like it's a terrible thing. Everyone thinks goths are just wierdos that like wearing black, they're different. Goths are people that care about what they believe in and stand up for it more than other people. They're not people who just protest and stuff for the sake of it. People are goths because they have deep emotions. Painful things have happened to them, so instead of fighting it, they welcome the pain into their hearts. Think about that Star, you may never look at a goth the same agian."

~Star~

Tuesday, 11th January, 2011

Dear diary,                                                                                                                                                                 Apparently some people want to adopt me! There's normally an interview type thing but I've just been told they're coming to pick me up in an hour.

I packed in a matter of minutes and sat thinking about what kind of people they might be. Hopefully they're nice. I must have been thinking for longer than I expected because what only seemed like minutes later my name was being called through the speeker.

I went downstairs with my suitcase and saw a young woman who only looked about 20. She told me she was my new Mommy. She took my suitcase and put it into her car. She helped me into a car seat she had in the back of her car and the rest of the ride was in silence.

When she took me inside she had a small apartment on the bottom floor of a large building. When she had locked the door behind her she dropped my suitcase on the floor. "Now, go to your room, I don't like children." she said with a disgusted look on her face. "Then why did you adopt me?" I asked. "Because my parents keep going on about how I'm not responsible so I thought adopting a kid would show them."

I went into my bedroom which she had pointed to. It was really small and had a tiny bed, 2 drawers and a small bedside cabinet. I unpacked my stuff and went to sleep.

~Star~