Chapter 9

Tuesday, 22nd August, 2012

Dear diary,                                                                                                                                                                       Auntie Rosa's really ill now. There has been another woman in helping out but now she's had to go into hospital. The other woman say's we're all going into a new home, but it's really far away. We live in Colorado, and all the children homes are full, so we're going to a home in California. 

I've packed my stuff and I'm waiting in the car for the other children. Eventually they got in the car and we began the long journey to Cali.

When we finally arrived after hours of driving we were all led to our rooms before the woman went to speak with the main care worker. Me and Elektra were sharing a room with another 7 year old girl called Kira. (A/N- Pic on side)

~Star~

Thursday, 24th August, 2012

Dear diary,                                                                                                                                                                 I've been here 2 days and there's some things I've started to notice.

First, there's this girl here, Fawn. She's the oldest, she's 16 and will be leaving in a few months to go to a halfway home. Nearly everyones terrified of her because she can be quite mean, but she's not mean to me much at all. She also has 2 younger sisters, they're twins called Evalina and Indigo, they follow her around everywhere and does whatever she tells them to.

Secondly, Kira's horrible! She's like Ruby but meaner. Today the care worker called us for lunch and I left the bedroom which was currently empty to go downstairs, and she was outside the door just standing there. "Where are you going?" She asked in her snotty voice. "To lunch, we were just called." I told her. "You know, you don't have to eat the disgusting slop they give you here, there's a cupboard at the end of that hallway crammed full of delicouis food, it's what I eat normally, go see." She said sweetly. I was stupid enough to believe her and walked straight into the cupboard. The door slammed shut and I heard it lock. 

I banged on the door for ages until someone finally decided to let me out, it was Fawn. "Who locked you in here?" She asked. "Kira." I replied shyly. "That bitch! What's your name?" She asked, sounding angry at Kira. "Star." I replied. "I'm gonna call you twinkle, that sounds better. Anyway that bitch's asking for it isn't she?!" She shouted, I nodded, not wanting to make her angry.

~Star~

Sunday, 28th August, 2012

 Dear diary,                                                                                                                                                                I don't know what happened between Fawn and Kira, but she hasn't talked to me since Thursday so that's good.

I had an interview with another family today, it's a man and a woman who want a duaghter between the ages 4-7, and I'm 5 so I fall into that catogary. I got called into the office for the interview, this is how it went:

Woman: Hello sweetie, what's your name?

Me: Star.

Woman: That's such a lovely name, and unusual aswell. Not like mine, Sue, there's hundreds of people called Sue.

Man: So, how old are you?

Me: I'm 5 and my birthday's the second of December.

Man: Do you have any hobbies?

Me: I like reading and writing.

Woman: Do you like music?

Me: Yes, I like Avril Lavigne and R5.

Man: That's nice, one final question, would you like to be adopted by us?

Me: Really? Of coarse!

That's what happened, they're not totally adopting me though, I'm going to stay with them for a week and after that they'll say if they want to adopt me or not. I'm going to be careful this time, I'll do exactly what I'm told and not ask for anything, not like the last time I was adopted.

~Star~