Chapter 13

Tuesday, 2nd July, 2014

Dear diary,

The scars are healing. They're not very visible anymore so that's good.

Not much has happened the past few days. We got told this morning that some dude who wants a  daughter is coming tomorrow. Good for one of the other girls. He obviously won't want me if he reads my file. He'll think I pushed some girl down the stairs and nearly killed her.

I sat on my bed listening to music. Here comes forever by R5 came on. I really like R5. They have really good music. 

It was Elektras birthday yesterday. We had birthday cake after dinner, that's mostly all the celebration consisted of. She got a couple of presents and I made her a card. 

~Star~

Wednesday, 3rd July, 2014

Dear diary,

Well, this is the day that guy's coming for a daughter. It will probably end up being kira, or maybe Elektra, they're the girls most people normally want to adopt. 

I heard a car pull up so I looked out of the window. I saw a man with blonde hair get out of a yellow convertable and Knock on the door. 

I sat back on my bed and read for a bit until there was a knock on my door. I told whoever it was to come in and one of the care workers opened the door.

"Star, can you come into the office please, there's a man who wants to meet you." She told me. I relunctantly got up and followed her whispering "What's the point, he's not going to adopt me, no one is." But luckily she didn't hear me. I walked down the stairs getting ready for the uasual 30 second interview. 

The blonde haired man was sitting on a chair waiting. He looked up and I recognised him. "Star, this is Ross." She told me. "Are you Ross Lynch, from R5?" I asked him. "Yeah, hi." He smiled. 

"Star, Ross here wants to adopt you." No he doesn't. Or at least he won't. "You won't want to after you read my file. No one ever wants to adopt me." I told him helpfully. "Well, maybe no one's wanted to adopt you before, but I do." He insisted. "Trust me, you won't after you've read my file." I said again. "Actually, I have read it, and it didn't change my decision at all. All that stuff is in the past, all you need to focus on is the future. Hopefully, your future living with me. So, what'd say, do you want me to adopt you?" He asked. A smile creaped up on my face and I nodded. "Great, Star you can go pack now." The care worker said. "I'll help you." Ross said, getting up.

I walked to my bedroom and Ross followed. I pulled my small suitcase out from under my bed and opened it. "I have another daughter at home, her name's Rosie and she's 12. She's really excited to meet you." Ross told me. "Cool, I've always wanted a sister." I told him. We finished packing and walked out to his car. "Did you really read my file, or were you just saying that?" I checked. "I actually read it, and I'm not meant to do this but do you want to read it?" He asked. "Wait, you have it?" I asked. "Yeah, here, read it." He handed me my file and I opened it.

It had records of everywhere I've ever lived and the dates I moved there. It had the incident with Ruby in there as well. "I don't believe you actually pushed someone down the stairs, did you?" Ross said to me. I shook my head. "She stepped backwards and fell." I repeated the same sentance I'd said many times in my life. "I believe you, even if no one else does."

He drove to his house and got my suitcase. I suddenly felt shy as we walked in the door. A girl who looked about 12 came to the door, she must be Rosie. "Hey Rosie, this is Star, she's 7 and she's your new sister." Ross said. She smiled. "Star Lynch, I like that name."

~Star~