Chapter 4

Wednesday, 12 January, 2011

Dear diary,                                                                                                                                                                       I woke up in the morning by Mommy gently shaking me awake. "Come on darling, time to get up. My parents are coming for lunch today." And with that she left the room. I got dressed and went into the kitchen to find Mommy making salad.

The doorbell rung a little bit later and 2 people walked into the room. They asked me a couple of questions then lunch was ready. They didn't really talk to me much during lunch. They talked to Mommy for a bit but I didn't really listen. I was focusing on my food as I hadn't eaten anything for 2 days.

After lunch was over I watched TV for a bit and Mommy's parents were in the same room talking about something. My stomach rumbled so I got up and went to find Mommy. She was in the kitchen.

"Mommy can I have something to eat please I'm hungry." She looked at me and sighed. "But you just had lunch. How can you be hungry?" She asked, the fakeness viable in her voice. "I haven't eaten anything since monday apart from lunch." I told her. "I bet that's not true, I think you're just a greedy pig like all children!" She shouted. Her hand lifted and she smacked my cheek.

I heard a gasp behind me and saw her parents looking shocked. Her mom took my hand a led me to my room. She told me to pack my stuff so I did. She took my case and took me to her car. They both got into the front and drove to what I persumed was their house. They said I would stay in the guest bedroom.

I didn't bother unpacking because I would probably go somewhere different tomorrow morning.

~Star~

Thursday, 13th January, 2011

Dear diary,                                                                                                                                                                 I was right. As soon as I woke up in the morning a social worker was in my bedroom. She told me I was going to move to another house. She said there was about 8 children there between the ages of 3 and 12.

She drove me there and I met everyone. There was 3 other girls and 4 boys so 8 including me. There was 4 bedrooms and 2 kids per room. The girls were called: Dusk (10), Ruby (8) and Luna (6). The boys were called: Ryan (12), Peter (4), Jimmi (9) and Harry (7).

The rooms were: Ryan and Jimmi, Peter and Harry, Ruby and Luna and Me and Dusk.

I didn't really talk to the boys much but I got to know the girls. Luna was shy and doesn't talk much. Ruby's ok but she seems a little mean to Luna. Dusk is really nice and helped me un pack my stuff.

~Star~

Saturday, 15th January, 2011

Dear diary,                                                                                                                                                                Everyone here goes to school except me and Peter who both have tutors. It's my first weekend here and it's fun.

You have to get to meals early or the boys get there first and eat it all. After breakfast today Dusk, me, Jimmi and Peter had a piggy back race. The boys won the first 2 times but we won the 3rd time.

Everyone has a TV in there room so there's no fighting for the remote like at my first house. Dusk tuaght me how to make origami animals with special paper she has.

I went to bed later but I couldn't sleep. I thought about everything that has happened since my 3rd birthday. Mulberry garden caught on fire. I discovered Ocean's a goth. I got adopted for a day. And Now I live in another house with all different kids.

Dusk realised I was awake and came over to my bed. "Do you want me to sing to you, when I was younger having someone sing to me helped me go to sleep?" I nodded and she sat next to me.

"Black star, black star, forever you will be,

A shining star, shining star, be whatever ever you can be,

A rock star, rock star, you will always be,

A black star, black star, black star..."

I drifted off to a deep peaceful sleep.

~Star~