Chapter 14

Thursday, 4th July, 2014

Dear diary,

So far I've spent one night at Ross' house. He doesn't really seem like he's going to get sick of me and take me back...yet.

When I got here yesterday I met Rosie. She seems really sweet, but she treats me like a baby. I don't really mind though, I'm normally the only mature child but now I don't have to be.

I met Riker as well. He's Ross' older brother. He seems really nice as well.

When I first got in, Ross took me to unpack my stuff. My room was really cool. It's bigger than any of my other bedrooms. My bed had a purple matress with pink covers and pillows. The walls were painted light pink and blue. The ceiling had glow in the dark silver stars painted all over it. I had tons of furniture and even my own TV!

Ross was surprised at how little I owned. "I know it's not much, but it's all I need." I shrugged. We finished unpacking very quickly. 

"Ross?" I said shyly. "Yeah?" He replied. "Are you going to take me back? It's what everyone does. They take me back after a few days." I told him. "Star listen, I'm not going to take you back. I would never do that. Listen to me, I will not take you back." He insisted. "Ok." I said.

~Star~

Friday, 5th July, 2014

Dear diary,

Ross said he was taking me out today so I got dressed. Ross' sister Rydel took Rosie out today so me and Ross could go out. 

First he took me to a park. It was really big but had hardly any other children there. I looked around, amazed. Half of the things I'd never seen before, but I instantly recognised the swings. I ran to them and jumped up. I began kicking my legs attempting to make it move when I felt someone push me. I turned around and smiled at Ross. 

He kept pushing me higher until I was close to going upside down. I gripped on tightly and closed my eyes. My knuckles began throbbing from holding on so tightly so I loosened my grip a little bit, just to find myself go flying through the air. I screamed and heard Ross say "Oh God, Star!" He yelled behind me. I closed my eyes, waiting to hit the ground, but it never happened. I opened my eyes and found myself in Ross' arms. "Damn, that was close." He stated. I smiled and burst out laughing and he did the same. He put me down back on the floor. "Are you hungry?" He asked. I nodded. "Do you want McDonalds?" Ross asked. "What's McDonalds?" I asked, confused. "It's a fast food resturant." He replied. I shrugged. "Ok."

He took me into a crowded resturant and stood at the end of a humungous line. "So what'd want?" He asked. "I don't know, I've never been here before." I told him. When we eventually got to the front he ordered for me. I followed him to a table and sat down. 

I stared at the food for a minute before cautously taking a bite. It was Ok. It wasn't really the best food I've ever tasted, but it was good.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Ross asked me. "I don't know, you decide." I shrugged. "Do you want to go get ice cream?" He asked. "Ok.

We went to an ice cream stall and he asked what flavour I wanted. I looked at the massive range of flavours they had and I couldn't decide. I don't think I've ever had so much choice. "Um, can I have vinilla please?" I asked. "Do you want toppings?" He asked. I shook my head. "Ok." He bought it and handed it to me. After we'd finished eating we went home.

~Star~