//T h e E v e n t (2)//

Rayna's heart was beating loudly against her ribs as she followed Natasha to the entrance. She could hear camers flashing and journalists yelling questions at the officials from the New York Tennis Association and Alexander Zverev.

"Alex!" "Sascha!" "Mr. Truman!"

Natasha had a bouquet in her hand and so did four other children. Rayna wasn't sure what she was doing there till a bouquet of flowers was shoved into her hands.

"W-what?" was all Rayna could manage.

"Well, I'll be greeting Mr. Truman and the others and you will greet the player, Zverev." Natasha said in a plain tone, like it wasn't anything to freak over like Rayna was.

"But..." but Natasha was already readying herself.

The door opened and in walked a white male, in his late 40s, with brown hair and a gentle smile on his face. "Natasha Fredericks. It's been too long." He said in a deep voice making Natasha chuckle. 

"Two whole weeks Duchalian." Natasha replied, handing him the bouquet. Those two had defintely known each other for longer than two weeks.

Rayna looked up and saw blond hair and then Alexander Zverev himself. He was a lot taller than he looked on television, his hair a bit longer too. He had on a casual white tee and black jeans with white sneakers. He wore square framed black glasses too. 

And that's when she realised he has looking at her too. His blue eyes seemed almost electric as they held her deep brown one and the hairs at the back of her neck stood. Rayna was a hundred percent sure that a blush was covering her cheeks. 

"Rayna, give it to him." Natasha said in a whisper low enough that only Rayna heard it.

Rayna held out the bouquet, praying her handswouldn't shake. "W-welcome."

Alexander slowly raised his hand accepted the bouquet with a smile.  Rayna's felt a tug in her stomach when he did which only made her blush deepen. Rayna tried to look anywhere that wasn't blue eyes, hoping Natasha would come save her from embarrassing herself. Thankfully, that came soon.

"Mr. Zverev, please come in." Natasha said, holding out her hand. Alexander shook it with a polite smile. "its great to have you. Thank you for coming."

"Its my pleasure, Miss Fredericks." It was thee first time the younger of the Zverev brothers had spoken. His voice was throaty, his accent almost not noticeable.

Natasha led everyone inside while Rayna just stood at the side, trying to calm herself. She had more important things to freak out over like her pending performance. She heard a round of loud applause as the guests entered the room and children cheering. 

Rayna walked in and took her place along with her classmates at the back in a corner. Joey was nowhere to be seen. 

"Oh my god, Ray! Did you see him?" Joey whispered in her sister's ears or atleast she thought she did. Rayna had been looking the other way and the sudden action caused her to jump, bumping into an old man. Rayna shot him an apologetic look but he clearly did not think it was enough as he went his way, scowling.

"Joey! Where were you?" Rayna asked softly. 

"Washroom. Did you see him? Alexander?" Joey asked excitedly. 

"Yes. I was the one who handed him the bouquet." Rayna replied making Joey's eyes go wide. 

"You what? Rayna, that's amazing. Did you talk to him?" Her sister asked, shaking her shoulders.

Rayna had barely said a word to the guy so she shook her head. But nothing was going to dampen her excitement. 

Natasha walked onto the stage her pink dress trailing after her. She tapped the mic to check and welcomed everyone.