III

I was angry that Hiccup and Astrid even DARED to come back to Berk, I will never forgive them for lying to me about my real father. I clench my fists at the thought of them trying to get back what they never had. I walk over to a nearby wall and used all of my strength to break through it. I roared in anger. Toothless nudged my hand with his snout as if trying to comfort me. "Silver, are you alright?" I jumped at the sound of Viggo's voice since I didn't hear him coming in, "I'm fine Viggo, but shouldn't you be on one of your ships heading back to your island?" I was confused about why he was still here. That's when father walked in with he-who-must-not-be-named standing next to him. "Silver, in order for the treaty to stand, an heir of each tribe is to be betrothed," I was scared of what he was going to say next, "so, since Viggo is the Chief of his and your the heir to Berk's tribe, I know you won't agree with this after having men break your heart before, but you two are betrothed," I started hyperventilating because I'm actually scared of falling in love and being in love. Father must've noticed me hyperventilating because he walked up to me and gave me hug. I hugged him back and tried to hold in the tears threatening to roll down my right cheek. He-who-must-not-be-named and Viggo looked at us confused but they didn't say anything. When father pulled away from the hug, I wiped away the tears from my right cheek, and we faced he-who-must-not-be-named and Viggo. "Alright, if it will keep the peace between us and the Dragon Hunters, then I'll do it, for my people," I stated while walking towards Viggo, "good, when will the wedding be?" Viggo asked my father, "it will be on this day next month," father said with a straight face. I nodded in understanding and walked out of my hut. I walk towards the docs to get some peace of mind. I sit down at the edge of the docs, letting my feet dangle over the edge, just barely touching the ocean. "Silver, what's wrong? You seemed pretty upset about the fact that we are going to get married," I jumped a little at Viggo's voice, "huh? Oh, nothing's wrong," I lied, "Silver, I know your lying, tell me, what's wrong?" Viggo said while sitting next to me, "*sigh* when I was little, around fourteen to fifteen years old, there was a guy I liked, his name's Valdronya, I know, it doesn't sound like an ACTUAL name, but, he... He and I got married after a few... Months? I think, but anyways, after a year of us being married, I found out that he was using me to get power, at that time, I actually believed that he loved me and I loved him, but... It was all just a scheme, he didn't love me, he loved gaining power, so, I was stuck as what he forced me to be, that's when the next lover came and tried to fix me, but failed and only ended up almost killing me, that's when my father stepped in and here I am," I said while crossing my arms over my knees, "my ex-husband turned me into a vampire, if that's what you're wondering about," I said while raising my left pointer finger. "A vampire, never heard of those before," Viggo said with a rather bizarre look on his face, "THAT'S because they don't live anywhere in the Archipelago, nor anywhere else for that matter," I said mumbling the last part, "I can't believe this, but I still have my locket containing a picture of Valdronya and me together, I warn you though, Valdronya might not be a pretty sight," I said while summoning one of the several gold lockets that contained said photo, "here," I handed him the locket after opening it. His eyes widen at the sight. "Yeah, I still don't know why I fell for him," I chuckled in amusement as Viggo handed me my locket back. "Well, at least you don't have to deal with him anymore," Viggo said while wrapping one of his arms around my shoulders, I nodded, "Silver, do you mind if I ask you something?" He said while looking at me with a concerned look, "anything Viggo," "why do you hate Hiccup and Astrid so much?" I sighed, "before I met Valdronya, I was somewhat adopted by those two, they promised my father that they would take care of me and will tell me the truth when I turned twelve, they didn't keep the second part of their promise, and basically lied to me for another year or so, and when I found out the truth, I wanted NOTHING to do with them," I clench my fists as I blink away the angry tears away. He nodded and brought me closer to him with his right arm that was wrapped around my shoulders. "Something tells me that you want to know more about me, as I wonder about you, so, ask away," I said while looking at him a forced smile. "Well, I have been wondering what caused you to lose your left eye, but something-" "it was pulled or 'plucked' out when I was six-years-old," I said with NO emotion what's so ever. Viggo looked at me shocked, "*clears throat* I'm sorry that had happened to you," he said while clearing his throat, "it's fine," I said as the aura got awkward, "so, *clears throat*, what exactly caused you to become a Dragon Hunter?" I asked him trying to not make the conversation awkward, "well, when I was just a little boy, my brother and I was inside our home while our parents were outside killing dragons to protect our village, but... They didn't make it out alive, our grandparents took us in and raised us ever since, and I was ten at the time while my brother was eleven to twelve," Viggo looked down in sorrow, "oh my, that reminds me of what happened with me and everyone else in my family," I whispered, "what happened?" He seemed curious, I held back the urge to cry, "I was only six when I... When I witnessed death first hand, it was my birthday, my aunt and uncle were getting the palace ready for my birthday party, well, the night before I had a vision of someone coming into our home and killing almost EVERYONE in the palace, but when I was about to tell my aunt and uncle about, they seemed so happy, I lied to them about the vision I saw, and that lie cost the life of my first aunt, and death has followed me ever *yawn* since," I said with a yawn, Viggo nodded but I could tell he wanted to know more, so, I placed my head on his lap and fell asleep.