Betrayal*

Percy was shocked when Thalia decided to join the Hunters of Artemis. It just wasn't her style. Thalia was free-spirited and outspoken. She didn't seem like the type that could just throw all of that away and take on a new life as a member of a group of immortal huntresses.

Percy thought about all of this as him and Annabeth walked through the mall. She'd needed a new pair of sneakers and had decided taking a look around the mall wouldn't be a bad idea.

They'd walked past Hot Topic and Percy stopped in his tracks. Something about the place seemed familiar. He certainly hadn't been in the store before, but something in his gut told him that something was amiss. The hair on his arms stood on end,and his mouth tasted of metal.

"No way. It's not...It can't be!" Annabeth whispered.

"What are you talking about?" Percy asked.

Annabeth put her hand under Percy's chin and turned his head towards the store. "The girl in the skirt. Doesn't she look familiar to you?"

The woman Annabeth walk talking about leaned against the store window like she owned the place. Her combat books left smudges on the glass, and her inky black hair was pulled back into a ponytail. She stood in front of one of the store's employees, a smile on her lips as she spoke to him.

"Ha. Yea, she kind of reminds me of Thalia."

Annabeth gave the back of Percy's head a good smack. "That is Thalia, Seaweed Brain!"

The girl with the combat boots must have heard Annabeth this time, as she turned around quickly. Her mouth dropped open and her eyes widened.

Thalia quickly pushed the employee away from her and looked down at her clothing. "Annabeth! Percy! Uh, what are you guys doing here?"

Annabeth was too shocked to speak. Percy, on the other hand, spoke without thinking, like he always does. "Dude. If Artemis hears about this, you're so dead."