Chapter Five

Next thing I know I was in deep sleep, I guess that's considered normal after jetlag and all. I heard my phone ringing in the distance but I was in such a deep trance that I didn't get up to answer it. Of course, whenever I need my sleep my phone never shuts up so in the end I had to wake up and answer it. "Hello?" I said half asleep, unaware of who was on the other line.

"Ella!" I heard Delilah scream from the other line, I couldn't explain how happy I was to hear her voice, she was the person who got me through all my dark depressed days, she was the one always by my side.

"I frickin miss you already!" I admitted holding back the tears.

"Look hun, I don't want you to even think about Eric anymore, ok? When I found out about Eric and you know who, I made my way over to his house and gave him a piece of my mind, well that's what he deserved-" she explained. 

I interrupted her by saying "Delilah, I love you. And don't worry I will not waste my time on a two timing jerk".

"Good, that's the Ella I know" she said and I could hear her smiling through her words.

Just at that moment I heard knocking on my door, "Delilah, I gotta go now, I'll call you soon! Miss you, love you!" I said before hanging up. I quickly made my way to the door and opened it, finding my uncle standing in the doorway.

"Hey Els, where you been?" he asked. I forgot to mention, family and people I'm close with call me Els for short, apparently Ella is too long.

"I was just having a nap" I say forcing a smile so he doesn't know about the whole Eric situation.

"Look love, Harry told me about the whole situation..." his voice trails off.

"Oh how absolutely amazing! He's letting you in on the latest gossip, eh?" I answer sarcastically.

I can tell my uncle isn't pleased with my attitude because he just shakes his head and says "Once you're calmed down, you can talk to me if you want" before heading down the stairs.

I've had this problem ever since my mom died, I can get along with barely anyone because I'm just too rude and I don't give a shit about what people think of me. My dad and I have a great father daughter relationship, I guess that's how it's supposed to be when you lose your mom though. Other than my dad, I'm really close with Delilah and let's just say "used" to be close with Eric (emphasis on the used). Now that I'm living somewhere other than my own home I guess I should really learn to get along with people or I'll be just like those forever alone ladies living with a bunch of cats, well I actually love cats so I guess it wouldn't be that bad! I open my luggages and pick out a pair of yoga pants and a racerback tank top, I quickly put my hair in a high bun and head down the stairs. I reach the front foyer and I'm honestly lost. There's two places you could enter from, so I choose to go into the left hallway.

To my surprise I find the kitchen which was exactly the place I was looking for, but guess who else I find in the kitchen?! You guessed right, Mr. Harry Styles, the gossiper of  this mansion. He has a big grin on his face when he sees me but I just choose to ignore his existence and make my way to the fridge, after all it is my uncle's house. I can feel him staring me down from the corner of my eye and am not surprised when he asks "Something wrong?".

"Yes actually, something is wrong" I admit.

"Care to explain?" he says. I roll my eyes and turn around to look at him, he's sitting at the dining table and eating a bowl of cereal.

"Did you really have to tell my uncle about my breakup? What are you like the new Gossip Guy?" I sarcastically ask. His grin is no longer existent and his eyes look hurt.

"I thought he'd know what's best for you, I didn't mean to hurt you Ella" he mumbles dropping the spoon into his bowl. Oh my gosh, what the hell was wrong with me? Why in the world was I making Harry feel like shit when in reality I was the one who should be feeling that way?  

"I-I-I'm s-sorry Harry, it's just that my mind is full of a bunch of things and I keep picking on other people around me" I admit as my eyes slowly start to tear up. His eyes look up at me and it's so hard to describe but his green eyes start to water as well and my heart skips a couple beats.

"It's fine Ella, how about we start everything over?" he says with a smile on his face and before I know it we're both sitting at the dining table discussing our favorite childhood tv shows.