TRENCH: 0.2: chapter two

a/n: I hope you guys like this Dema-fond story. It's different to most things I write but I strangely love it.

-

Trench on the other hand, wasn't the same as Dema. Not one bit. There were vast fields and dew hanging in the air from the cold, but wet mornings. The air was fresh and untouched by a civilized colony. The mountains and rivers were cold, and bonfires were used to keep warm. Tents and campgrounds scattered the area. It was a place for in-between. Those who came were in a state of a grey area in between two places. Either waiting for something to move on, or getting themselves ready for the next step.

Trench was for the nomads, not settlers.

The people who lived in Trench were named "Banditos" for a reason, they were on the run from Dema, and were trying to find a secure place within Trench to learn where to head next. They were looking for freedom, and security. Trench was where you could find that. You weren't a machine in Trench. You were your own being. Nothing to confirm too. You weren't alone either, the other Banditos relied on you just as much as you relied on them. 

Most Banditos camped out together, some other camps stretched in the valley that was Trench. They all had the same colors and motives, the location was just different. They alerted others if Bishops were coming to scour with vultures at their hip and horse reigns in their black hands. 

The Banditos dressed in green, for camouflage and wore yellow tape and bandanas in symbolic places, as a symbol for hope and to show that they were Banditos. The fires were crackling songs of a forever battle, and when someone left the fire, they knew what they had burned at the camp, and what they would need to keep safe from then on out.

Josh was a Bandito.

Josh's eyes were darker than Tyler's, and his skin was fairer. He buzzed his hair when he got to the camp, wearing a black beanie to cover it up. His hood was usually up, and a yellow bandana slung from his neck. He was a general when it came to breaking people out of Dema, as he went back every few weeks to keep Tyler out. He knew it was getting harder and harder to get Tyler out of the prison though, since of course, Tyler didn't want to leave deep down. He didn't want to fight anymore.

Josh sighed as the scraped mossy bark into a fire with his knife. Three other Banditos were around him, their names Jenna, Debby, and Jordan. His brother, Jordan had left with him the second time. He got Debby and Jenna out soon after, every time Josh had gone back to Dema, Tyler came with him out.

"He was taken back, wasn't he?" Debby asked, Josh usually kept silent. He never talked to anyone really, he hadn't talked in a very long time to anyone but Tyler. But of course, no one but Tyler himself knew that.

Josh nodded, in responce, Jordan sighed.

"And he was right there too, how could we have missed him?" He asked, Josh shrugged, Jenna sniffled at the thought of her partner. Tyler would do anything for her, and as he was fighting his own fire, she was here. Waiting to walk on with him.

"How many flowers does he have left?" She asked, Josh put his bark and knife down to hold up nine fingers on an instinct. Debby looked to Jordan, smirking.

"You keep count?" Debby asked, Josh nodded as if she didn't know already. She put her hands up in defense.

"Okay okay, sorry." She apologized. Josh sighed in apology at his roughness, kissing her cheek in apology. She smiled, cupping his face and kissing him on the mouth soon after.

"Love birds." Jordan said, rolling his eyes. Josh silently chuckled, looking at him with such pride, kissing his girlfriend one more time. Jenna smiled with pity, missing Tyler more than before. Debby noticed this, reaching over to comfort her.