Chapter 16

I wake up and turn to see Theo beside me.

"Hey." I say

"Hi. How's your side?"

"Better than last night but it hurts."

"Oh well that's good."

"I'm sorry about last night." I say

"What are you sorry about?"

"Your hand."

He laughs "My hands are none of your concern." {sorry just had to add that}

"I see what you did there."

"I had to."

We both laugh.

"Theo I didn't want to say anything in front of Shai and Maiah cuz they always see me as the brave one."

"What is it?" Theo asks

"I was really hurting yesterday."

He chuckles then says "I know Chloe. I could see the tears brimming your eyes."

"Really?"

"Yes. Chloe I know you all to well."

"Thank you for not saying anything."

"I figured you would want it that way." he leans down and lightly kisses me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and tug at him. He obediently moves down by me, I move over to the other side of the hospital bed.

I hear someone clear their throat and I figure it's just Theo. But then I hear "Miss Parker."

So I pull apart to see the doctor standing in front of me. I start to blush.

"Miss Parker, we are going to run a few more tests on the baby."

"What happened to the other ones?" I ask

"They didn't come back clear."

"Oh ok."

"If you'll come with me."

Theo squeezes my hand and says "Then I'm gonna go back to the house and change."

"Ok love you."

"Love you." he gives me a kiss on the cheek before he leaves the room.

I walk with the doctor down the hallway into this weird room with a whole bunch of machines.

A nurse walks over to me and hands me a heavy robe "Ok Chloe if you will put this on. And then we are going to take a few X-rays."

I nod and put on the robe.

"Ok now lay down right there and lie completely still."

I follow her instructions.

"Ok we are going to start."

I lie completely still as the take the X-rays. And within minutes they are done.

"Ok Chloe we are done with those now come with me." the doctor says

I take my robe off, hand it to the nurse then follow the doctor to another room.

"Ok we are going to take an ultrasound."

I nod and say "How many more tests?"

"This is the last one." the doctor says

"Ok."

He starts to rub this cold gel across my stomach. I look down at it and am surprised to see a baby bump. I smile at the thought of that's Theos baby.

The doctor starts the ultrasound. It feels really weird. It takes about 10 minutes for him to finish.

"Ok Chloe we are done here. Would you like me to walk you back to your room?"

"No I'm fine."

"Ok we will have the results to you within the next hour."

"Ok."

I walk back to my room. I past so many other rooms with patients that have worse things going on in their life. I saw an elderly breast cancer patient, an amputee, a little girl with pneumonia, a baby getting stitches, I even saw someone getting CPR from a nurse.

Li start to think that my life could change at any time. Whether it be good or bad it could change at any time.

When I get to my room it feels like I've been the hall of life, from beginning to end. I don't want to think about life and death so I lay down and watch 21 jump street.

Within the first 5 minutes I fall asleep.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I wake up to see Theo sitting in the chair by my bed with his head in his hands. I can hear him sobbing so immediately jolt up.

"What's wrong?" I ask

He removes his hands from his head "They didn't tell you?"

I shake my head no.

"T-the b-baby p-passed."

Sorry!!! I pulled a Veronica Roth!

Qotd: do you listen to 5 sos?

Aotd: YESSSS THEY R MY FAVE!!!!