2.5

Danielle -May 2018

My eyes fluttered open to a fairly dim room. The VCR illuminated 7:10. Trayce had his head in the crook of my neck. Little snores would escape from him here and then. Agh, cutie pie.

I tried to adjust the position I was laying in, hoping I wouldn't wake him up. He stirred and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in closer and tighter to him. I smiled and closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. Why do I have a habit of waking up so early? Ugh, so annoying.

I woke up an hour later when Trayce got up to use the bathroom. He set me down gently on the couch and covered me with a blanket.

"Did I wake you?" He asked.

"No, I've been up since 7. I needed that extra hour."

He smiled. "I'm sorry for making you cry last night."

I sat up and smiled lightly. "Babe it wasn't your fault. Nothing was."

He smiled and pecked my lips as he walked into the fridge to get some orange juice.

Sarah was in there making bacon, not eggs for a change.

"Good morning." He yawned and stretched a little as he made his way to the kitchen.

"Good morning, how did you sleep? Did her snoring wake you up?"

"I don't snore, that's you fool!" I yelled from the living room.

He laughed. "Hey, I wanted to invite you to the beach today. My mom wanted you to come. We're gonna have a picnic later on today."

"Oh, thank you for including me. I would love to. Are your parents coming too?"

"Yes. They want to meet you."

She smiled. "I'm honored."

We weren't gonna go to the beach until later on in the day, around noon.

I picked out a light colored swimsuit cover and a pinkish coral two piece swimsuit. The bottoms are high waisted and the top is basically a bikini top. I wore black flip flops. Sarah was wearing a black swimsuit cover with a black bikini underneath. And Trayce wore an old grey Nike shirt and black swim trunks.

I grabbed my beach bag, and all three of us headed to the beach and met his parents there.
When we arrived, his parents set up a volleyball net and laid down a blanket for the picnic.

"Hi!" Mama Julie said. "I'm so happy you guys could come!"

I smiled. "This is my friend, Sarah. Sarah, these are Trayce's parents, Julie and Mychal."