5.6

Danielle -August 2018

"You look happier than usual. What's up with that?" Chelsea asked as she noticed the big smile on my face when I walked in the building.

"What do you mean? I'm always happy!"

"Yeah, but it's a lot more than that. Something fishy is going on."

"Well... I got a dog, if that's the fishiness you smell."

"You did?? When?"

"Yesterday. I got lonely." I joked.

"What kind?"

"Piebald dachshund." I smiled and took out my phone to show her pictures.

"Aw he's so cute! What's his name?"

"Chewy. He kept biting my finger when the lady brought him out to me. I thought it was appropriate."

"He's so freaking cute."

"And I played the biggest prank on Trayce too. Poor thing didn't see it coming."

"Oh lord, what did you do?"

"So I called him and said that I was sick and didn't feel good, and that I was late. And I had the dog under my shirt to make it look like I was pregnant, and he flipped out. His brothers were in the car too and they all were freaking out. It was great!"

"Oh, I bet he was relieved."

"He was. I told him that he's now a dog uncle, and a dog father. I can't wait for him to see him."

"When's he gonna be in town?"

"Tomorrow." I said with a big grin on my face. "He said he's gonna be in town for the weekend. I'm so excited you have no idea. I haven't seen him since school started."

"No way?! What are y'all gonna do?"

"I don't know yet. We'll probably chill and go see a movie or something."

"You have to bring him some time so we can meet him!"

"Of course! So many people have been dying to meet him! A lot of people can't believe that I know his family. They can't believe it!"

"I know I can't. That's so cool."

"I miss him more than anything."

"Ooh! I can't wait to meet him though!"