//super late halloween oneshot//

A/n: I know it's uber late but I found this pic of Clint and thought "why not". Hope you enjoy

(Pumpkin carving with Clint)
(Fem!reader)

--------------------------

(Y/n) sat on the back of the couch, legs swinging a bit as she waited.

She looked over towards the kitchen table. Newspapers had been spread out all over the floor underneath as well as on top of the table itself. A few knives and spoons of different varieties laid on top of the paper. There was also a small bag of candles for the end result.

She looked back at her feet for another 25 minutes. For someone who has to show up places at certain times, Clint seemed to be taking forever just to go to the store for two things.

The sound of the knob of the apartment door jiggling caught (y/n)'s attention and she got down from the couch.

Opening the door, (y/n) grinned excitedly as she saw two large pumpkins with Clint's face just above them.

"You're finally here."
She said

"Yeah sorry. I had to find the biggest ones. Bigger carving area you know?"
Clint said as he made his way inside.

(Y/n) closed the door behind him and then followed the archer to the paper-covered table.

"They're perfect."
(Y/n) responded as she sat in one of the chairs at the table, eyeing up her canvas and figuring out what to carve.

"Know what you're going to make?"
Clint asked as he took one of the knives from the table, starting on cutting off the top of the pumpkin so he could empty out the inside.

"Not quite. But I think I'll just wing it. Something will come to me once I actually start."
(Y/n) said as she got her knife to follow with Clint's actions.
-----------------------------

After the range of 2 hours, Clint turns his pumpkin around to face (y/n).

"How about it? Great right?"
Clint asked with a smug look.

(Y/n) looked at the design and did a small chuckle. It was a medium sized paw print that looked to be of a dog.

"It's very nice."
She said lightly.

"What about yours?"
The archer asked as he grabbed a candle from the bag on the table, putting it inside then replacing the top of the pumpkin.

"Give me a second I'm almost.... done"
(Y/n) said as she was finishing up.

After a couple more minutes, (y/n) set the knife down, brushing off any excess scraps of pumpkin before turning the pumpkin around.

Clint did a short snort of amusement.

"What!??"
(Y/n) asked skeptically.

"Nothing.  Nothing it's just-"
Clint had an amused look on his face.

"-cute"
He finished.

"It's a hedgehog. What of it?"
(Y/n) asked again.

"I said it was cute."
Clint responded

"After laughing."

"Because it's cute!."
Clint insisted with amusement.

"Really.  It's good. Very pointy."
He told her simply and handed over the candle bag.

(Y/n) did a small sigh and took a candle, placing it inside her pumpkin.

"Thanks."

"So.  How about we set these outside the door and light them huh?"
Clint suggested with a small grin.

(Y/n) grabbed the lid to her pumpkin.

"You get the lighter, I'll set both of these outside."
She stated, picking up both pumpkins.

"Putting me in control of the fire, that's smart"
Clint said with a slight hint of playful sarcasm.

The both of them went their respective ways before Clint ended up joining
(y/n) outside the apartment door also.

"Lighter?"
(Y/n) asked.

"Check"
Clint said back as he flicked the lighter on.

"Candle me."
He told (y/n) and held a hand out, receiving one of the two candles and lighting it.

(Y/n) took the candle back carefully and put in inside a pumpkin, repeating the process with the second candle.

"Alright. Now to get the tops back on aaaand. Boom. Done"
She stated.

"Pumpkin lamps."
Clint said proudly.

"Jack-o-lanterns."
(Y/n) said back.

"Jack-o-lanterns have faces. Ours do not."
He reasoned.

"...alright. Fair enough. We have the best freakin Pumpkin lamps."
(Y/n) said with a smirk.

"Damn right."
Clint said back with a grin, opening the door to let the both of them back in for the night.

-----------------
End
------------------

A/n

Here's what their pumpkins looked like. Kudos to the people who actually made these.

 Kudos to the people who actually made these

Also I know this is super frickin late but happy late Halloween

Also I know this is super frickin late but happy late Halloween. I bet all of you guys's outfits were on point and amazing 👌. Just like all of you are as individuals. 👌👌.

Thanksgiving is coming up and I hope you all have a good holiday. Eat some turkey or whichever food is your main course. Have a good one.