Chapter Fourteen - NAUGHTY NOOR

„Mr Khan. Ms Safar never had camcer before. Actually she was living a healthy life, but as you told me more about her private life and problems..i think the stress gave her the cancer."

Haider just listened to the doctor and looked down when he heard the last few words

Haider just listened to the doctor and looked down when he heard the last few words. So it was all his fault. Because of him..his noor has cancer now. Haider nodded.

„What should we do now?" asked haider.

„She has to visit a neurologist and she has to do a special therapy." said the doctor.

Haider nodded.

„Thank you." he said and stood up.

The doctor stood up too and they both shook hands. The doctor saw how scared haider was. It was 2 am now. He looked really tired.

„Mr Khan? Aap theek ho naa?"

Haider didn't know what to say. He just looked away and nodded slowly.

„Mr Khan, i know how this feels..but it's still not clear if the cancer is as big as we think. The symptoms.."

„I know Doctor..but still.."

The doctor looked at him and layed his hand on haider's shoulder.

„I know how you feel right now. I..my mother died because she had cancer."

„I'm sorry.."

The doctor nodded.

„But you know what? I never lost hope. I always had hope, i made her laugh, sing, dance. And with ms Safar? It's still not clear mr Khan. I just want to tell you something. Don't leave her alone now, she needs love. Attention. Hm?"

Haider nodded as he had tears in his eyes.

„Thank you sir.." he said as he wipped away his tear that fell on his cheek.

„Now go! Meet her."

Haider smiled a little and opened the door.

„Ugh..mr khan!"

Haider turned around.

„Yes?"

„You both look good as a couple." he said smiling.

„Thank you sir.." he said and left the room closing the door behind him. Haider smiled as he remembered the doctors words. But then..he remembered meera. He raised his right hand where he was wearing their engagement ring. He took it off and hid it in his pocket.

Haider knocked on the door and entered in. Noor was sleeping peaceful in her bed. Haider caressed her hair softly and kissed her head. Suddenly his phone rang. Haider checked it and got out of the room. Noor opened her eyes slowly cause of the ringtone.

„Ameer?"

„Haider! What happened? Tell me right now!"

„Ameer.."