a fight for life

Bella pov

I woke up finally in bed. But I still feel sick to my stomach. Edward walks up to the make shift wall.

"Your awake sleepy head." He walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. He takes and brushes my hair behind my ear.

"How do you feel?" He asked me. "Like crap. My stomach still feel really bad though." I told him.

"Do you think you be alright long enough to go to the store and get you some stuff that might settle on your belly easier?" He asked me.

"Don't forget to get yourself a phone. I'm sorry about that." I told him. "It's alright it was worth it just seeing you kick the crap out of Tanya." He said.

"Edward and I thought you were a gentleman." I said laughing. "I should be fine though." I told him.

"As soon as I get my phone I'll texted you. Get some rest." he told me. He kissed my forehead and placed my phone on the table next to the bed.

"I shouldn't be more then a couple hours I got to stop by the firehouse." He told me. Just before he walked out my phone rang.

I answered it. "Hello!" I said. "Bella this is Jasper I can't get a hold of Edward, is he there this is very important!" He asked.

"Yeah hold on let me see if I can catch him." I get up slow.

"Edward it's for you it's Jasper." I told him. "Bella sit down before you fall." He told me and took the phone.

"Yeah Jasper what is it?" He asked. It was silent then Edward turned and looked at me concerned. "Yeah Jasper I know, what can we do?" He said.

"Alright but come later when I'm back. I'll texted you. "I will, she means everything to me. I will see you later." He hung up.

He just stood there looking at me concerned. "Edward what is it?" I asked him. I stand up and walk over to him.

"Bella, I don't know how to tell you this." He told me. "Just tell me!" I told him. "Some how Rick was able to pay his bail." He told me.

I can't believe this. My legs about give out from under me. Edward caught me and took me back to the bed. "I can stay here!" He told me.

"No go I will be fine." I told him. "I'll get my phone first then I will call you." He told me. He kissed me. "Go, before I kick you out that door." I told him smiling. "Alright I'm going. I love you. Be back as soon as I can." He told me.

"I love you to." I told him. I fell back asleep only to be awoken to the phone.

"Hello!" I said. "Hey, I got the phone." Edward told me. "Good, now do you feel a little bit better now that you can call me?" I asked him. I take a drink of the water. It put a funny taste in my mouth. "Yuke!" I said out loud. "Baby, you alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Just the water had a funny taste to it." I told him. "Oh! It might because of you not feeling well." He told me. "Maybe!" I said.

"I'm going to let you go so I can drive. I'll call you in an half hour and check on you. I love you." He told me.

"I love you to." I told him. I set my phone on the table. I couldn't handle the taste of the water so I got up and walk to the kitchen.

I dumped it out and got fresh water and started to drink it when it hit me I remember that taste. It was the same taste when Rick drugged me.

Shit! That would mean he here. I grabbed a knife and ran for my phone. I hit the last number that just called me.

Come on answer. "Hello!" Edward said. "Edward, I remember something that awful taste, it's the same taste he spiked my drink with." I said quietly." I told him. "Are you sure?" He asked.