3 🤟🏾

Janaya | Nay 👸🏾

"Mommy, my tummy hurt," Mir came up to me, laying down in my lap.

He curled up in a ball as I rubbed his back. "What's wrong, munchkin? You gotta go to the bathroom? Or it just hurts?"

"It just hurts, Mommy. I tried going to the bathroom, but it's not working," he said, sniffling.

"What did you eat today, man?"

"I had some chocolate milkshake," he said, with me immediately knowing what was wrong. Mir, unlike myself, was lactose intolerant, so he couldn't have whole milk products. Even though he liked them, his pediatrician wanted me to keep him on light milk products and water whenever he wanted milk. "It feels like my tummy in a knot," he curled up even more.

"Its okay, stink. Here, drink some water and go ahead to sleep in my lap," I said, handing him my water bottle.

Once he started drinking the water, he started to get sleepy, soon closing his eyes.

I got my phone from the charger beside me, connecting my earphones in and FaceTiming Nova.

She answered almost immediately as it connected. "Sissyyy, I missed you. How are you?"

"I'm good. Dealing with a sick Mir. He had some chocolate milkshake and its tearing his little stomach all to pieces. So he laying here in my lap, finna go to sleep. I gave him some water, per Dr. Shayle's request."

"Aww lemme see Son Son," I flipped the front camera to the back and showed her how he was curled up in my lap.

"Hey TT baby," she said.

He just waved at her, sniffling.

"He'll be okay. If not, I'll take him to the hospital, but he should be fine. I already gave him some Children's Motrin to break his fever," I said, running my fingers through his little bit of hair.

"That's good. But what you got some tea on sissy? Put me on," she said.

"Girl, so tell me why this girl named Tay on IG had DMd me talkin bout she pregnant by KD and that Aamir finna have a sibling," I said with big eyes.

"Oh what tha fuck? How she speaking on Mir name like that? Nah hold on tho. What give this big eared bitch ass nigga the entire right to talk about Mir when he ain't neva thea for him? Nigga got me fucked up," she said, getting madder than me.

"You need to see what these DMs say tho," I said, recalling the screenshots from my gallery.

"This nigga dirty man, I swea

"This nigga dirty man, I swea. I want all the smoke behind you and Mir, fuck what he talkin bout," she said and I heard shuffling in the background.

"I'm not even bout to let him get to me. I been doing good this far, and Imma keep pushing forward," I said, moving Mir on the couch so I could get up.

"Girl you crazy. He was right up the road from you and didn't come see you. How you didn't know that?"

"I guess I wasn't paying attention to IG like that. I'm not even stunting him," I said, getting a bottle of water from the fridge.

"I can have this handled with one call. Jus say the word," she looked into the camera.

"Nah I'm okay. I just guess he has finally figured out his priorities now. It's all good," I walked outside, after putting the throw cover over Mir.

I sat on the porch, staring off into space. I felt myself about to cry, when I was knocked out of my mood by something that Nova said. "You bet not be cryin or we done talkin," she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not, I promise. I jus wanna know why stuff like this happens to me. What did I do to him so bad that he cheated on me when he came to MY state? This shit fa the birds," I said, shaking my head.

"You didn't do anything. Shit just happens. That's road life for you, sissy. But, on the brighter side, my baby is doing fine and we find out what we havin' my next appointment. I'm excited," she said, with her to gue out, doin the Milly Rock. "Oouu, Son-Son don't like Mommy moving like that," she held her side.

"I can't wait to officially find out what you having. I'm Team Girl. Mir need a godsister/play cousin," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Aye Janaya mane, stop playin on my top, bro. AIN'T having no girls round here. Got me fucked up," she said mugging me.

I busted out laughing, putting my hands up in a surrender motion. "I quit, suh," I said, as I heard Mir calling me.

"Nova, Imma hit you back. I gotta go tend to Mir. Love you sissy," I sent her a kiss thru the phone and hung up.

I went back inside the house to see Mir sitting up on the sofa. "How you feeling, man?"

"It still hurts a little," he said sniffling.

"Okay, Pooh, hold up." I remembered I had some Pedia Lyte that I brought for times like this. I made him a little bit in his sippy cup and he laid back down, with his head in my lap, drinking it. "You gon be okay, man," I kissed his forehead, and pulled the cover back over him.

He soon fell asleep and do did I, after putting my phone on DND.