Chapter Seven

No quote for this one! (Its in the chapter)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was still so surreal to me. I was backstage at a One Direction concert, watching the boys get ready. Liam was sitting in the chair in front of me, a lady spraying his hair in different places, while Louis was messing with his hair in the mirror. I was honestly surprised I had gotten to do this. Given, the boys did say that either I came backstage with them or they didn't perform, but still.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had been trying all day to see something special. What did I see instead? My pixie-cut blonde hair sticking out in every direction. My face was breaking out. I was a little on the chubby side. In my opinion it was quite obvious why guys wouldn't be interested in me. Harry must've eaten a bad taco.

"You look fine, you know," Liam said, turning to me.

"Oh, um, thanks," I said, embarrassed he had seen me pretty much checking myself out.

"You alright?" He asked, looking concerned.

"I'm fine," I said, not wanting him to know anything was up. I had Googled some facts about amnesia. It said that sometimes seeing or hearing things from your past can trigger your memory. What if after the concert tonight I remembered what happened to me? Did I want to have the memory of my accident? It wasn't that I didn't want to get my memory back, I was just scared of what memories would come back. And of leaving the boys.

"I don't know if anything will happen tonight," Liam said, interrupting my thoughts, "but if it does, we're gonna miss you Cam."

"I'll miss you more than anyone else!" Louis said, smiling at me.

"I'll miss you guys too," I said, smiling sadly.

The truth was, I would miss them. Even though I had only known them a few days, the boys had become my friends. And when I did get my memory back, be it tonight or next week, I would be sad to leave.

"Liam, Louis," Someone said, sticking their head in, "It's time for warm ups,"

They both popped out of their seats and followed behind her.

"Be back soon!" Liam announced as they walked out the door.

Once they had left I sighed, sitting down. I was alone in One Direction's dressing room. Any Directioner in the world would probably kill to be in my place right now. And all I could do was sit, close to tears. Some because I didn't understand how I could just lose such a big chunk of who I was and of my life. Because I wanted to go home and see my mom. Because I couldn't do anything to get it back.

But then there was another part of me that wanted to cry because there was a chance my memory might come back tonight. Because soon, I would be leaving the boys. Because the fear that even if my memory didn't come back I would get dropped off somewhere to fend for myself. Given, the boys had made it clear that wasn't going to happen, but I know people in their management probably thought I was just a girl that came up with a ploy to get close to them.

If I could go back in time and stop myself from going to that concert, I would.

Or would I? This has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Would I really want to change this?

"Hey we're having a little huddle before the show starts if you'd like to join," Harry said, sticking his head in the doorway, startling me.

"Uhm, yeah, sure," I said, following him down the long hallway to the side of the stage. With every step I took the girls got louder. How could they even perform in front of this? Harry worked his way into the huddle and motioned to the spot next to him for me. It looked like their whole crew was here.