Chapter Nine

"My first real crush was Louis Tomlinson. It was mutual. We've discussed it."

~Harry Styles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there I was. Standing alone with Harry Styles, praying to God that the ground would just swallow me whole so I could avoid the awkwardness undoubtedly coming soon.

"So.... what'ya wanna do?" He finally asked again after standing there for a little bit.

"I don't care." I said, looking up at him.

"Well I don't care either," He said, shrugging.

"It appears we're at an impass my friend," I said, starting to shift my weight from foot to foot. He just stood there, staring at me as if he was trying to figure something out. Hey, it wasn't my fault that made being together alone awkward. I wasn't the one who walked up behind the other naked. I wasn't the one that serenaded the other on stage. And I certainly wasn't the one who's touch gave the other butterflies.

But then again, Harry couldn't possibly know why I was being cold today. I sighed.

"Come on..." I said, grabbing his hand and dragging it towards the swings.

"Where're we going?" He asked as I dragged him into the line.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you found it fun to stand there doing nothing," I said, sarcastically.

"Hey its not my fault someone decided to not talk to me at all today..." He said, looking at me.

"Yeah, yeah..." I said as we walked onto the ride. I buckled into the seat and waited for it to start. I watched Harry as he took all of five minutes to figure out how to get into the seat before the person working came over to help him. Finally when he was situated he looked at me, grinning like an idiot. I chuckled and rolled my eyes as the ride finally started to lift us up and spin. As soon as the ride was as high as it would go, the operator started blasting music. Girls screamed and guys groaned as "What Makes You Beautiful" blared through the speakers. I started laughing and turned to face Harry who just laughed as well, shaking his head. I started singing along as loud as I could, just for the heck of it. Gotta live while I'm young, right?

"You're insecure, don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or," I belted, pointing at Harry.

"Don't need makeup to cover up. Being the way that you are is eno-o-ough." I started wiggling in my seat and dancing like an idiot.

Harry extended his arm out in front of him as he pointed his finger and moved his arm in a circle in front of him like a disco dancer. "Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you-ou," He pointed at me, and we started singing together.

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, the way you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell you don't kno-o-ow! You don't know you're beautifullll oh, oh!" We both danced around in our seats, looking totaly ridiculous, yet not caring.

Harry pointed at me, "That's what makes Cam beautifulll!" I started laughing.

When the ride was over, I felt a lot more energetic. This could be fun, just the two of us. And I didn't have to be awkward around Harry. I could just act like it never happened and I would be fine. Right?

Harry jumped out of his seat and started running towards me full speed. I squealed as he stopped right in front of me, grabbing my hand and starting to walk me away from the swings. He led me towards the bulding where you try to find your way through the walls made of mirrors and glass. We showed the man working our wristbands, and Harry motioned for me to go in front of him.