Twelve

Katsuki decided to give it three days. Three days to decide if he should stay. He had never been in the same place for this long, but he didn't feel suffocated like he usually did.
The first morning, he woke up to Denki kicking open the door. Eijirou was still tucked into his arms from the night before, sleeping soundly.
"Time to get up! Breakfast is r-" the blond halted, staring at the pair in the bed, blinking.
"HANTA YOU OWE ME MONEY I WON THE BET!" He rocketed out of the room.
Katsuki shoved Eijirou out of the bed.
"Ow! What was that for?" Eijirou rubbed his head, confused.
"What was what for? You fell out of bed."
"Oh..."
"Breakfast is ready apparently."
"Oh damn." Eijirou got up off the floor, stretching. "Did you sleep well?"
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"I was just askin'. It's polite to ask somebody if they were comfortable sleeping in your bed."
"I wouldn't know. I've never had a proper bed before..."
"Never?" There he was again, with that sympathetic look on his face. Katsuki wanted to vomit.
"I travel a lot."
"But you've never had a home? Nothing to go back to?"
"No. I've never needed one."
"Well...you can make your home here. No matter how far you travel, you can always come back here, okay?"
Katsuki scoffed. "I doubt I'll be through here very often."
"But when you DO come by, I'll be here. You'll be home."
Katsuki didn't like the burst of hope he got from that statement. He couldn't make a home here. He wouldn't be able to will himself back to this place after killing so many of Eijirou's kind.
On the second day, Katsuki and Eijirou woke up early so the redhead could show him around the town. It was there that he learned where each of Eijirou's friends worked.
Hanta was a tailor who ran a shop next to the tavern. Eijirou convinced Katsuki to get a patch on his pants, which meant he had to sit under a blanket for a half hour while Hanta did his thing. Luckily, Eijirou had paid for the job so he didn't have to worry about spending anything on the patch. It looked good, even though the blond would never admit it.
When they stopped by the blacksmith shop where Mina worked, Eijirou bought Katsuki a knife.
They had gotten back to the tavern that Denki and Kyouka owned before Katsuki decided to confront him about it.
"Why are you buying me all this shit?"
"It was just a knife and a patch. Not a big deal."
"The patch is one thing, but this knife is high quality. You spent a lot of money on it."
"You gave me that slingshot all those years ago..." Eijirou opened the door to his bedroom slipping in and sitting on his bed.
Katsuki had slept there the second night as well. It had been an unspoken agreement between the two. But he hadn't held Eijirou in his arms again, and they had jammed a pillow between their bodies to prevent any cuddling.
"That slingshot was made out of a stick I found on the ground." Katsuki insisted, sitting down on the bed beside his friend.
"You're...going to leave aren't you?"
"Huh?"
"You're going to leave here...go off and find your own adventures...work on your main quest..."
"I mean...yeah..." Katsuki scratched the back of his head. Had he really made himself that transparent?
"Well, keep the knife to remember me by, okay?"
"Yeah...alright..." Katsuki swallowed, feeling sick.
He definitely had to leave tomorrow, or else he never would.