Nineteen

Eijirou looked so distraught. He shuffled over his words, hands fumbling in his lap, face red.
"I...was being stupid..."
"We're you?"
"Well...yeah...I was worried that I'd never see you again."
"You idiot..." Katsuki snorted. "I was the one being stupid."
Eijirou blinked at him. "No...you...you weren't."
"I was stupid to even think of leaving your side." Katsuki sat down on the bed. "You're my best friend."
"You're mine too..." Eijirou swallowed.
"I'm definitely staying now, though. I'm gonna stay by your side forever."
"You better."
Katsuki smiled, his heart pounding so hard despite feeling so soft.
Eijirou took his hand, smiling back in such a perfect way. Katsuki wished he had taken time before to just LOOK at this guy, at how toothy his grin was, how soft his skin looked, at the mess of his hair, rough and brightly coloured. Katsuki had recognized how beautiful the redhead was, but he hadn't taken time to really savour it.
"Ei..." He swallowed. "I-"
"Kiri?! You're up?!" Eijirou's door slammed open, Denki stepping inside. "GUYS! EIJIROU'S AWAKE!"
Three more heads joined them within seconds, to Katsuki's disappointment.
Mina jumped into the redhead's arms, breaking the grip he had on Katsuki's hands.
"We were so worried! Don't ever do this to us again!"
"I won't. I promise!"
"I'll get you some food in a second. And we'll make your favourite tonight."
"Roasted pig?"
"Yeah."
Eijirou grinned stupidly. "You guys are the best."
"We know." Denki said. Sero elbowed him in the side.
Katsuki slipped out of the bed silently and settled back into the chair. He waited quietly while Eijirou finished up the visit with his friends.
"I'm going to get you some breakfast." Mina declared. "You must be starving."
"I am."
"You too, Katsuki. You haven't left the room for days."
"Really?" And there Eijirou was with that worrisome face. Katsuki shrugged so his friend would have to hurt so much over him.
"Fine. Whatever."
Mina let go of Eijirou, crawling out of the bed. She grinned at them both. "Be good while I'm gone."
"Take your time." Katsuki muttered.
The pink haired girl left the room, dragging the other two idiots along with her. Katsuki wouldn't say it out loud, but he was glad they were gone. He had something so important to tell Eijirou.
"So...have you decided what you're going to do with your life?"
"Huh?" Katsuki blinked.
"If you're not slaying dragons anymore, what are you going to do?"
"I didn't think that far." Katsuki admitted, scratching the back of his neck."
"You could help Mina out at the blacksmith shop. She needs an extra hand and you'd probably enjoy it."
"Ei..." Katsuki got back onto the bed, putting his hands on his friend's shoulders. "I need to tell you something."
"Yeah? What is it?"
Katsuki leaned forward, heart pounding harshly in his ears. He wanted to do this so bad, but he was terrified.
"Katsuki...?"
The blond closed the space between them, pressing their lips together in a kiss much softer than the last, much less hurried. Katsuki tried to put all of his feelings into the kiss, so Eijirou would know what he was trying to say.
When they parted, both of them were breathing heavily. Eijirou laughed softly, eyes alight with pure bliss.
"I love you too, Katsuki."

The next chapter is the epilogue and the next fic will be something really angsty for y'all. Unfortunately, I won't have internet over Christmas and I have a big assignment this week so the next Fic's chapters aren't going to be as consistent. Sorry about that.