Nine

"It's weird how you never asked me." Eijirou brought up when they set up camp that night.
"Asked you what?"
"To fly."
"What?"
"It's just...when people learn that I can fly, they always want to ride on my back." Eijirou shrugged.
"Well, once was enough." Katsuki sighed. "That tiny ride through the sky had been the most terrifying of my life."
"That's good to hear. I don't really have enough magical energy to use my powers much."
"So it takes energy?"
"Yeah. I don't have any chances to practise and build my skill because I never know who could be a dragon Hunter, ya know? It was being dumb and trying to push my limits that got me caught in the first place."
"Yeah..." Katsuki went quiet for a second. Maybe he was just tired. "Can I ask you something?"
"Yeah. Sure."
"Which dragon...was your mother?"
"My mother?" Kirishima closed his eyes, leaning back against the nearest tree. When he opened them again, Katsuki was peering at him through the campfire he had built when they stopped.
"Your mother..."
"Her name was Ryuku."
"The one who kidnapped children for her horde?" Katsuki looked disgusted, and a little frightened.
"No! She didn't kidnap those kids. She saved them. They were in abusive homes." Eijirou explained. "She also hoarded wives escaping bad husbands and poor escaping debtors. She hoarded people who needed a home."
Katsuki swallowed. "We should rest. It's going to be a long day tomorrow."
"It's still early."
"Well, I'm tired."
Eijirou nodded, closing his eyes again. He tried to sleep but he couldn't turn his mind off. It didn't help that the forest they were hiding out in was dark and cold. He couldn't stop shivering.
He opened his eyes again after a while, tired of trying to sleep.
When he adjusted to the darkness, he caught sight of Katsuki staring at him from across the fire.
"What's wrong?" He asked the blond.
Katsuki sat up. "You're cold blooded, aren't you?"
"Uh..."
"I'm just asking because...you're a reptile..."
"Uh...yeah. I'm cold blooded."
"So it's hard for you to get warm?"
"Yeah."
"Maybe you should wear more clothes." Katsuki's eyes lurked on Eijirou's bare chest. The redhead blushed. "I could say the same for you."
"I'M not the one shivering his ass off over there." Katsuki sat up, smirking. Eijirou felt a weird flip in his stomach that he couldn't name.
"I've got to be fashionable, you know?"
"No. I don't."
Eijirou laughed. "I'll just go to bed."
"Wait..." Katsuki said.
"What?"
"Come closer to the fire."
"Huh?"
"Come closer to the fire, idiot. You're gonna freeze over there."
"I'm fine where I am."
"God, you're a dumbass." Katsuki got to his feet, undoing the cape around his shoulders and throwing it over Eijirou.
"Wait..." The redhead was speechless. This was a gesture that was strangely kind considering Katsuki was...himself.
"But..."
"Don't even try being modest about it, moron. You need it more than me."
Eijirou swallowed, pulling the cape tightly around him. It was warm and smelled like smoke.
He closed his eyes.
He hadn't felt this comfortable in ages.