One

"A horrifying car crash on interstate 85 came out of nowhere—"
I looked up at the tv and saw what looked to be like Aubrey's car. My whole world stopped as I grabbed my phone and called her but she didn't answer. I started blowing her phone up with texts, hoping and praying that wasn't her car. I finally got a text back but it was from her friend, Alyssa, even though it was from Aubrey's number and Alyssa said that Aubrey was in a car crash and that I needed to come to the hospital as soon as possible.

I threw my phone against the wall and it fell to the floor and I pulled on my hair, as I started crying. "Fuck!" I punched the wall putting a hole through it as I grabbed my keys and got in my car and drove to the hospital.

The drive was a blur as I rushed through the doors of the hospital and walked up to the counter, "um what room is Aubrey Mendes," I barely let out, eyes red and puffy as I tried to remain calm. "Relationship to patient?" She said snobbishly. "I'm her fucking husband," I slammed my fist on the counter, "where the fuck is she!?" The girl looked at me with wide eyes. I felt a bunch of eyes on me now. That's when Alyssa came around the corner with a doctor and they told me to follow them. Alyssa rubbed my back in a friendly way as I started to tear up again. "It's okay," Alyssa said, her eyes red and puffy as well. I wiped my eyes as the doctor reached the door. "She's in terrible condition, Mr. Mendes, so please no sudden movements or loud noises, okay?" I nodded as he let Alyssa and I walk through the door.

It was a terrible sight. Cuts and bruises all over her face, hooked up to a million wires and her eyes shut with a large gauze on her forehead. "Fuck," my heart broke at the sight. I slowly walked over to her as the doctor stood at the computer, writing something down and Alyssa on the other side of Aubrey with her arms crossed, looking down at her, trying not to cry. "Baby," a tear fell down my face. "No," I lost it as I put my head down and putting a hand over my face and held her hand with my other one. "Don't fucking leave me," I whispered.

The monitor showed that her heart rate was super low and I looked over at the doctor with begging eyes. "Is she going to be okay?" My voice cracked. "As much as I would love to yes, it's hard to tell at this point. She's still breathing which is good but she has been unconscious for awhile now and her heart rate is really low. I can't give you a solid answer at this time, and I apologize deeply for that. The only thing I can tell you is to have hope and just believe that she will come back to you, I'm really sorry, sir." I shook my head as I looked down at her beautiful bruised face. "I'll leave you alone for a little while," the doctor said as he left the room, closing the door, leaving me and Aubrey, and Alyssa alone.

I'm sitting in a chair next to her bed and her one hand is in mine resting it against my forehead as I look down into my lap. "Have you eaten, today?" Alyssa asked me and I looked up her shaking my head with tired eyes. "Okay, I'll get you something from the cafe, do you need anything else?" I sighed, "no, thank you Alyssa." She nodded her head and left the room.

I kissed Aubrey's hand and looked at her motionless body as another tear fell from my eye. "I love you," I sniffled, "so much, please wake up for me, baby," I stroked her soft hair, still holding her hand in my other one. "You can't leave me, honey." I broke down, crying silently as I squeezed her hand hoping that she will just wake up and kiss me and hug me and tell me she's okay. But she just laid there, slowly breathing, unconscious, not doing anything.