Three

"Shawn?" A broken voice called and I looked up from the chair beside Aubrey's bed. I looked around the room but no one was there.

You're losing your mind, man. You need some sleep.

I tried to fall asleep but I heard the voice again.  "Shawn?" I looked over at Aubrey and her eyes were slightly open as she looked at me. My eyes widened as I sat up, "honey?" I took her hand in mine as she gave me a small smile, squeezing my hand, and blinking her eyes slowly.

"Fuck, I don't even know what to say, I love you so much." She slowly reached her hand up and caressed my cheek and I nuzzled into her hand shutting my eyes, smiling, enjoying her touch. "I love you too, baby," she followed my face with her eyes as I stood up, leaning over her bed, over her.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead, a tear slipping from my eyes. "Why are you crying, Shawn?" She asked, wiping my tear away as I sit back in the chair, leaning closer to her.

"How can I not cry, honey?" I breathed, letting out a small puff of air. "Shawn," she said. I sniffled, "what?" She said it again, "Shawn." "What," I looked at her.

"Shawn."

"Shawn."

I shook my head, confused.

"Shawn," Alyssa's voice called out as she shook me awake. I opened my eyes and saw that we were in the hallway still on the bench. "Aubrey's not awake?" I sat up straight looking at her. She shook her head, "not yet but Doctor Stevens wanted to show you something," she smiled seeming a bit too excited due to the situation we're in right now.

I frowned, standing up, putting my hands in my sweats pockets as we all walked into her room. I instantly noticed why there were happy. Aubrey's heart rate is finally back up to normal. I walked quickly over to her leaning over her, grabbing her hand and putting it against my chest. "Baby, oh god baby, thank god." I started crying again.

"This is good that her heart rate is normal again but this doesn't mean she's fully back yet. I hate to tell you this, and we are praying for her and we hope she wakes up soon. Things are looking better, though." He smiled. "Thank you, Doctor," I smiled at him and he nodded his head as he left the room again.

I pulled the chair closer to her bed and sat down on it, still holding her hand. "You're doing amazing, baby," I smiled as my tired eyes tried to stay open. Still not doing anything. I'm so fucking grateful her heart rate is back to normal. Getting closer. "Come on, honey, you got this, come back to me. Please."

Alyssa sat in the other chair on the other side of Aubrey's bed. She reached over and grabbed the food from the counter, handing me a sandwich which I denied. "You need to eat, Shawn." She tried handing me it again and I denied again. "Shawn," She said sternly, "you need to eat something, Aubrey would want you to, do it for her, please." She reaches her arm out with the sandwich. I looked at the sandwich, then at Aubrey, and then back at the sandwich and took it from her. "Thanks," I mumbled. I started to eat it as Alyssa started to eat from a bag of chips.

"Do you want to talk about her?" Alyssa asked. I ignored her as I took another bite of my sandwich. She sighed, "it's fine if you don't. I know you're upset and you want her to wake up but so do I. You know the day of her wedding, how she was so nervous?"

I half smiled at the memory. God she was so fucking stunning in that long white dress where the lace on top was floral. And the way her hair was done was just, wow. She really took my breath away.

"When she was getting her makeup done, she was talking to me and holding my hand, she was so nervous," Alyssa looked down at her food, smiling as she thought of Aubrey. "She would say how she's so grateful she's finally marrying you, finally being able to say you're her husband. You don't understand how long she was waiting for that moment, Shawn."

I smiled, looking at her. "Feelings mutual, I was so fucking nervous," I admitted, getting butterflies in my stomach as I thought of how nervous I was. Alyssa smiled. "I know, that day was so pure and so beautiful and you two couldn't take your eyes off one another to appreciate the amount of work I put into that wedding," Alyssa joked around and I chuckled, shaking my head. "I know, we did talk about it later. We really appreciate what you did for us." Alyssa smiled, "I don't care though, it was definitely worth it; seeing you two in your own little world, so happy with each other. I don't even care that you guys barely noticed. Your guys' happiness was enough payment." She laughed and I smiled at her. I looked at Aubrey becoming a little sad again as Alyssa spoke up again,

"Hey, she will come back, okay?" I looked at her. "I sure fucking hope so, Alyssa. I can't do this without her." I looked at her getting teary-eyed again. "It's going to be okay, Shawn, I promise." My hand was still holding Aubrey's hand and I don't know if it's the deprivation of sleep or what but I swear to god I felt her finger twitch.

My eyes widened, "Alyssa?" Alyssa looked at our hands and then back up at me. We looked at each other, surprised. "Did she—" Alyssa asked and I slowly nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat. "Aubs, baby," I whispered. Nothing. "Holy fuck," I let out, smiling. "Baby, are you there?" I looked at her. Alyssa and I were both standing now. "Go get the doctor!" I told Alyssa and she ran out to go find the doctor. "You're coming back to me!" I started crying again, resting my forehead against hers.