2

[edited]

"Ugh" I groan to myself setting the invite on the table, Holly smiled and looked up from where she was sitting.

"What's up?"

"Huh?" She is the last happy person on the team anymore. "Oh um I was invited to my sister's wedding... Don't know if I'll go through... I didn't leave on the best terms."

"Oh, you should weddings are fun! Besides this could be a good chance to reconnect."

"Yeah... Maybe..." I'm grateful for Holly's joy as it tends to get the team through days like this even though some times she can be too eager.

"I can't be that bad, let me read the letter." Against my instincts to say no I hand over the letter and she skims through it. "So I'm Invited too?" And I forgot that the letter said that 'lie, say no, change the subject, you don't want her to meet your sisters!' The little voice in my head told me.

"... Yes..."

'DAMMIT LUCY WHY YOU GOTTA GO DO THIS TO YOURSELF'

"Oh. Really now you have to go!" Holly smirked. I really cannot catch one break.

"Go where?" Oh lord, Lockwood. He was casually standing in the doorway looking at the both of us. I glared at Holly hoping she wouldn't say anything. "Nothing." I lied. "Lucy is invited to her sister's wedding and so are we!" 'Really Holly?!? Really? Great! Just great! Now Lockwood is gonna wanna go to this!'

"Really?" Well, there is no backing out of this now... "You should go, your sister Mary will be there and I know you at least like her," Lockwood told me. I hesitated again, "Maybe..."

"That's the spirit Luce!" He graciously cheered me on.

At this point I don't know what to do; Holly is interested, Lockwood is saying I should go, and hell knows I couldn't get advice out of the skull or George. So I was kinda on my own with all of this mess.

I claimed my tea and walked back upstairs to my room, my mind busy the whole way, wondering what I should do next... I was never good at that, deciding what's best for myself..... But I ended up at Lockwood & Co that way so I guess I'm not that bad all the time then. Still what am I going to do if I do go? It would be extremely embarrassing I guess. I sigh to myself maybe this isn't such a good idea.

I know the others would be plenty eager to meet everyone. Mary would be absolutely thrilled.

'But Mary wanted to see you and you do miss her' That stupid part of my brain told me.

True... But still, last time I visited, it was very awkward in general do I want to put people through that again do I?

Although, this isn't for Mary though I need to remember that.