4

[edited]

"Thank god you brought me along!" The skull speaks obviously pleased I had brung him along for the trip. "You would've been so bored without me!"

"Clearly," I speak sarcastically to the Skull. "Are you talking to that skull again?" Holly asks, never quite knowing who exactly I was speaking to. "Yeah..."

To be honest, I really shouldn't be embarrassed about her being so confused about my strange friendship with the skull in the jar. It makes sense for her to be confused. Hell, I'm confused.

"What did he say?" She looked actually curious.

"Something about being thankful I brought him along."

"LIES" The skull practically screams.

"Stop. Please."

At the moment we were on a taxi, on the way to catch a train to go to my hometown, and so far I've been calm. Everyone has been calm. Let's hope it stays that way.

"So Lucy, are you excited to see your sister again?" Holly perks up in a seemingly good mood.

"Kinda. I'm mostly nervous, I mean the last time I saw her was like, I don't know a year ago and every time I see them it's super awkward." Her reaction looks half surprised and half expecting it. It's like her face it having a war with its self and it is kinda creepy, not gonna lie.

"Hm..." She pauses to think. "I think I expected that but I'm not sure... Well, anyways, I think you will be fine. Mary seems happy that you are coming from over the phone."

"Yeah, I guess so..."

"Plus if anything goes wrong or you feel uncomfortable, tell me and I'll help get you out of there and we can hang out alone."

"That would be nice, thanks Holly."

Holly really has grown on me, sure she can get on my nerves from time to time but she really seems to mean well. It is truly kinda weird.

I turn my body to look out the window. I sit and think for a while, staring at the sky as it turns slowly to night... It really is beautiful. "Looking at the sky luce?" I nod my head yes at my boss who is, at the moment sitting in the passenger seat speaks up for the first time in a while. I continue looking as the sky soon gets boring and I turn my attention to the necklace Lockwood had given me, from a time that felt like decades ago.

I was pretty. From where I was sitting the sunset sky reflecting off of it. Getting it kind of felt like reaching a goal that I never thought I had but at the same time reached for that goal. Sort of odd but still true.

"Guys we've made it to the station!"