15- Final

As we drove through the streets I had been mentally preparing myself. This was my revenge on the spirit who thought they could trick me. I had a feeling that that wouldn't be the only spirit I'd see there tonight, as the chances I'd see my previous team was high.

Quill Kipps had gathered our stuff from home and come to our aid, he soon learned all about the sensitivity of the case and had gotten serious. The taxi ride there was not particularly fun, the stress of the next event building up inside me. The feeling of nervousness along with excitement flowing inside me. Tonight was it.

I was nervous about tonight. I had no idea how what would happen. Would the ghost remember me? Do ghosts remember people? I had no idea what I was thinking when I was. How many old coworkers were still there? How strong would their death glows be? How long would the investigation take?

I tried not to think of each question as we drove nearer and nearer. When I could see the place I knew that I was screwed, no way would I get out of this alive again.

I put on my big girl pants and got out of the car without a word. One look at the others and I knew they were nervous as well. For what exactly, I had no clue. Then endless questions appeared over and over again in my mind. I knew that there was no telling what the answers would end up being. We quickly got our equipment out of the car without a struggle. Lockwood had paid the taxi man and when he drove off was when we got to work.

"You all know everything that happened here, do we need a recap?" George had asked to no reply, "Good because there wouldn't be much of an answer anyways. No one and no file had much useful information on this case other than what Lucy had informed us earlier.

Lockwood spoke up next, "The plan is we split up. If anything were to happen to one of us then someone needs to be able to get out and call for help if needed. Quill, Flo, and George, you three will take the bottom half. Lucy, Holly, and I will take the top. Our gear is split evenly, we leave an extra bag behind just in case." Lockwood gave his most reassuring smile, "We're trained at this, we've all seen the unexpected this isn't different. I have faith in every single one of you."

With that, we split into our groups, getting together our gear and preparing ourselves for whatever as the night begins to fall. It gets my nerves all jittery as I prepare to go back into that place.

As we step onto the official property I felt shivers go down my spine. It looked like it did the very first time I'd step foot in the place. The mill itself had looked just as run down as it did the first time; only now the layer of spiderwebs was thicker. Obviously, after that disaster at the beginning, it had been altered a little. You could see burn marks from flares on the wall and remains from salt bombs still on the floor. It was the most unsettling thing I'd seen since Lockwoods Fetch. 

Lockwood cleared his throat to get the group attention. "We will begin with a basic sweep. We need to get a feel for the area. If you sense anything at all, and I mean anything, let the others know. We meet back here at 10:30; no later. Holly and Quill go together, I'll be with Lucy and George.  We'll take the higher rooms you two take the bottom two floors."

And we were off. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my bones as it did every case. 

As we walked up the stairs I get nervous. I look to my sides. I can't believe how far we've come together; the three of us I mean. It feels like just yesterday we took on our first daring task together. I felt so weird the first few days, we were so careful about being relatively polite to each other (I say relatively because this factors in George of course) but now the both of them as seen me in a sports bra with my hair looking like a rats nest. We've gotten so far together. I may have a family here I feel so many closer to this family. It's insane.