12

"Well, the group of agents who were picked to go hadn't heard of seen anything at all. We were at the end of the investigation when I thought I had heard something, even though what I heard was very faint. I reported back to Jacobs but he didn't anything. We were basically ready to get going when the ghost attacked from above. It was horrible, it was like the ghost was picking off people one by one." I shivered at the memories, "Jacob wasn't close enough to see it happening, I just got lucky."

It was silent.

"Your sister was the 3rd one to die, she was very brave. Only two agents ran towards it to fend it off. She was one of them."

"I'm sorry you had to be there for that." He softly said.

"I'm sorry that you had to lose someone from that," I replied.

Lockwood made eye contact with me for a split second before turning towards John, "I spoke with Lucy the other night, she had said something about wanting to go back and get rid of the ghost."

He gave a slight smile.

"We're going to do that."

Johns face perked up into a smile, "You are?"

"Yes."

We continued to talk about the mill, then other things, and eventually it grew to be dark out and we decided we had to go. We had said our goodbyes and walked back towards my old home. It was quiet out, well for the most part.

As we walked past the homes we noticed a surplus of ghosts. It was weird, all were type ones from what we could tell so it wasn't as dangerous as you'd think but it was eerie. There was a soft hum of energy. 

We exchanged glances. We had our hands down near our rapiers for a while. As we walked further towards the Carlyle house we noticed them appearing less and less and more and more burnt down homes.

Then as if it wasn't obvious before we realized that the town hasn't even thought about calling in agencies at all. There were no agents, there were no night watch kids. Instead, there were homes lost that had belonged who lived in an area where people who couldn't afford anything else were living. They decided to get rid of the homes instead of the source and people were suffering from it. It had really sunken it that night for as all.

When we arrived Lockwood and I had started writing a letter to the areas government about it. It was a sad issue. Everyone went to bed but Lockwood and me.

"It's a large safety issue. Not to mention there aren't any local agencies." Lockwood stated matter-of-factly. "I've never seen anyone be that careless about the problem. They haven't even gotten all of them, I don't know how your family manages to live like this."

"I don't know either." I sat down next to him. "Did you mean what you said about going back to Wythburn?"

"Of course Luce, this is important to you and I doubt you'll let us ever come back here so why not now?"

I hugged him and smiled, "Thank you Lockwood."

"You know I'd do anything for you."