Chapter 12: Forever? Forever.

Dani's POV

"Danielle Nicole, please, come with me!" The cop opened the prison cell and I finally felt a little bit free. But I wonder what's going on, why he wants me to come with him?

"Danielle, so we thoroughly investigated your case and the judge cancelled your life punishment. We made a conclusion that you didn't kill that person on purpose. Now, you are free!" I couldn't believe my ears, is this really happening? Instead spending my whole life in this disgusting prison I spent just two years there! Thank God, now, I need to see Lauren.

Lauren's POV

Two important people in my life are gone forever. Dani and Jamie are just gone. My heart hurts just when I think about them, especially when I think about my baby, Dani. She must suffer in that jail a lot. I wish I could see her again. I was thinking about the life, when suddenly Angelo interrupted me.

"Mommy? Why you never told me about my daddy? Where is he, why don't you two live together?" My baby boy asked me while he was playing with his car.

"Well, your daddy went away. I don't know for how long he will be there, there is this possibility that we will never see him again." I just couldn't say that Jamie is dead to my little kids. Maybe when they get older, they will know the truth.

"Lauren, someone is knocking on the door! Can you check it?" Lisa yelled at me.

"Like really Lisa, why me instead of you? You were the first one who noticed it?" 

"Just do it, please!" Lisa was still happily sitting on the couch and eating pizza. How lazy can my sister be?

"Well, are we expecting someone?" I asked her confused. I opened the door and couldn't believe my eyes. There was Dani. She looked so destroyed. She had dirty clothes and I could tell that she didn't eat much in the prison because she was unhealthy skinny.

"Lauren, long time no see!" She happily jumped into my arms.

"Dan, what are you doing here? I thought I will never see you again!"

"Ha, miracles happen! They set me free from jail! The judge finally said that I had guiltless for life punishment!" I spinned around with her in my arms.

"You have no clue how much I missed you, I thought I lost you forever. You can't imagine how happy I am now." Then without hesitation, I passionately kissed her. I was two years without her sweet kisses, warm hugs, soft touches, without her presence. 

"Welcome back, Dani!" Soon our whole family rushed to us and we shared a big family hug.

"Momma? Why did you just kiss that woman? Who is she?" Nina came downstairs.

"Oh this one? She took care of you too when you were just a newborn, so you probably don't remember her. She is my gir- well she is my sister, Dani."

"Yeah, I am her sister and also her girlfriend. You know, we fell in love with each other and we are dating for a long time, so that's why we just kissed." I couldn't believe that Dani got the courage to come out to three year old.

"I don't get it, didn't you read fairytales about that love is just between man and woman before?" Nina was really smart for her age.

"Love is love. Love has no boundaries." The former main hater of Dauren aka Christina spoke up.

"We love our mommies." Angelo and Nina came to hug us, I love my children.

That night...

"Ah, how much I missed nights like this. How much I missed you." We were laying on the grass and I was staring into Dani's mysterious green eyes.

"Me too, baby. But now, we are finally together and I hope this time nothing bad can cross our life path."

"Dani, look! Here is a comet! Wish something!"

"So, what did you just wish?"

"I wished that I could love you till the day I die. I wished to be with the only love of my life forever. And what about you, Lo?"

"I wished the same. I love you endlessly." I kissed her forehead and cuddled to her. Every moment spent with her was just so special to me. She is the only one who I can truly love. 

"Forever?" She looked straight into my eyes and I immediately got lost.

"Forever." I answered her with the biggest smile on my face.