Chapter 6

The next morning, while the adventure kids and dogs were all still asleep in the living room, they heard a sudden knock on the front door, instantly waking them up. 

"Who comes by this earlier in the morning?" Cynthia groaned while she yawned, having been woken up from her peaceful beauty sleep. 

"Were you guys expecting anyone?" Chloe asked the gang. 

"No" David shook his head while getting up. 

"Oh! I hope it's pizza" Stan beamed.  

"For breakfast?" Teeders questioned. 

"What? Any time is pizza time!" Papi said. 

"That's just what my boyfriend Mikey would say" Kali giggled to the Mexican chihuahua.  

Sam had gotten up to answer the front door while the teens and dogs titled their heads over, watching from the living room. 

Surprised, it was Mr Kroop from the bank along with a few workers. Despite still having time left before the deadline, Mr Kroop gave Sam a notice that he and his workers would be inspecting the house. They entered the living room to find the teens and their dogs.  

"Him again?!" Dylan was shocked and a bit angry to see Mr Kroop.   

"What's he doing here?" Kali glared towards the selfish bank owner. 

The dogs started barking at Mr Kroop while he groaned, looking to see the dogs and their humans. "More dogs. Lovely" 

Mr and Mrs Cortez had been woken up by all the noise and had come out to see what was going on. 

"Good morning!" Mr Kroop passed by the elderly couple while he and his workers were starting to inspect the house. 

"Sam, what's going on?" Mrs Cortez asked her son. 

"They can't just come in like this" Mr Cortez argued.  

"There's nothing we can do. They have the right" Sam told his parents, showing them the notice. 

"This is so not cool!" The twins were upset about this, folding their arms.  

"Come on, everyone" Papi rallied the dogs and teens together. "They're not taking this house so easily"

"Yeah! Let's go" The rest of the gang agreed, planning to retaliate against the bank workers and split up into groups.  

Dylan, Dolly, David, Stan, Pedro, and Delgado were together while they scared one of the workers who had been climbing a ladder to the roof when he got spooked by the dogs, especially by Pedro's smile, and fell off. 

Cynthia, the twins, and Teeders were with the puppies, who were messing around with a tape measure which got another worker whiplashed in the face and fall over. 

The pups laughed while Teeders gave Papi Jr a high five, or down low since he was so small. "Good one" 

Kali was in the living room with the Cortezes and Mr Kroop, who needed the family to sign some documents until Papi jumped up right at him and was standing over the documents.  

Mr Kroop groaned seeing the dog who started barking at him. 

"I'm not really a dog person. I just- I- Could you just-" Mr Kroop stammered while Papi kept barking at him. "Could you just step off the papers? They're kind of important" 

"Put the pen down" Papi demanded the careless bank owner, starting to left up his back leg. 

"You wouldn't dare" Mr Kroop glared fiercely at the chihuahua, knowing what he was about to do.