Chapter 2

Dallon has always been quiet. He has a nice group of friends and a good home life. He just doesn't like to talk much. He gets all awkward and anxious, but he's trying to come out of his shell.

It was just a normal day. Dallon's friends were talking and making jokes at the lunch table while he laughed along. Being the quiet one, he likes to observe a lot. He always wonders what other people are like. He catches a group of kids around a table next to him. Everyday. He usually didn't pay attention to it, but today was different. He got a glimpse of who they've been terrorizing this whole time. The other man caught him staring. Crap. He looked away quickly and took a sip of his Dr. Pepper. Then, he heard a crash. He looked over to see the man being terrorized on the ground, helpless. Dallon could hear his friends whispering. Why do they do that to him? Haven't you heard? I think he deserves it. He see's the jocks leave and the boy stand up. With his cheeks red, the boy starts running. Even though he didn't know the guy, he decided to run after him. He could hear his friends yelling at him to come back, but he kept running.

This guy is fast. How far is he gonna run? After about ten minutes, he see's the boy run into an alley. Thank god. He walked into the alley and saw the boy on the ground with his hands over his face. "H-hey, you okay," he managed to get out under his breath.

"Um... Who are you?"

"I-my name is Dallon."

"What are you doing here? Stalking me or something?"

"No, I just... What's your name?"

The boy is quiet before mumbling "Brendon" under his breath. Brendon. He's heard rumors about him. Terrible rumors. But he never believed them. He wasn't one to judge someone before getting to know them. "It's nice to meet you Brendon."

————————

Brendon just wanted some peace and quiet. He didn't want some pity from a stranger that never would've known him if it weren't for the fight. "Why are you here? It's not like you know me or anything."

"I wanted to make sure you were okay. Kids can be cr-"

"Don't even say it. You don't even know how cruel they can get. You have the good life." This kid wouldn't know. No one could know how it feels. "I-I'm sorry," Dallon said quietly. "If you're here for pity, I don't wanna hear it." That's the last thing he needs right now. A fake friend. "I'm not here for p-pity." The taller man sat across from him in the alley. "I've heard what people say about you. I don't believe any of it."

"Well, you should."

"You don't seem that bad. They're kids making fun of someone different. That doesn't make you bad."

Brendon stayed quiet. No one's ever thought of him as a good guy. Not even himself. He looked up at the boy. "Really? What makes you say that?"

"You don't look like you could hurt a fly, especially not a-"

Brendon gave him a glare that made him stop talking. "T-thanks." He shyly smiled and looked down.

"Hey, do you wanna go to my house? It could help you get your mind off of what just happened."

"I-I would like that."

The boys got up from the alley and started to walk down the streets. School wasn't that important after what just happened.

***********
A/N: Hope you guys like it so far. I'm working on a good story line.

Sorry about any mistakes :)