Chapter 16

Brendon was sat against his bedroom wall, crying. He's tried calling Dallon for the past hour, but no response. His mind starting getting to him. What if his dad hurt him? What if gets sent away to one of those gay conversion camps? What if he can't see him again? The thoughts were too much. He was clean for one month so far. He didn't wanna ruin that, but he couldn't calm down. He went downstairs into the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of vodka. He looked over to see his dad passed out on the couch. He shook his head and went back up too his room. He searched his drawers until he found a pack of cigarettes hidden under comic books. He sat back down against the wall and took a drink of the vodka. He didn't exactly miss it, but this was his only choice. He pulled a lighter out his hoodie pocket and put the cigarette in his mouth. He hasn't smoked in months, but he was weak tonight.

Brendon had drank almost half of the bottle when he heard his phone ring. No one had his number, so he didn't know who it was. He answered it anyways. "H-hello?" "Brendon!" "Ryan? Wh-How did you get my number?" "That's not important. I just got done talking to Dallon. He wanted me to tell you to meet him where you guys first met?" Brendon didn't understand. "W-wait, were you on the phone w-with him?" "No, he was walking by my house with a bunch of stuff. It looks important." Shit. "Okay. T-thanks Ryan." He hung up the phone and tried to stand up. He couldn't walk straight, but he had to get to Dallon before something happened.

Finally, after a bunch of tripping and falling, he arrived at the alley. He saw Dallon waiting there with a duffle bag and his guitar. "Brendon!" He ran over to him and hugged him. Brendon just fell into his arms, barely being able to keep himself up. Dallon held him up and looked at him. "Bren, are you.. are you drunk?" He sounded concerned. He started to tear up without even noticing it. Dallon pulled him back into a hug and held him tight. "S-smoking too?" He began to sob in the boys arms. "I-I'm so sorry.." Dallon shushed the boy and started to pet the back of his head. "It's okay babe. It's okay."

A few minutes have passed and they're both sitting next to each other on the cold cement. "I can't stay here, Brendon." He told him about what happened at home, and it broke Brendon's heart to see Dallon so beat up and hurt. "Where are you gonna go?" Dallon sighed. "I have an aunt who works in law. I'm gonna go to her for help and see what she can do about my dad." Brendon held his hand and didn't let go. He didn't want to say goodbye. Not after everything. "I'm going with you." The older boy looked over at him. "Bren, are you s-" "Dallon, if it weren't for you, I would still be the loner freak at school. I'd still be hooked on pain-killers. I wouldn't be happy. I'm not gonna lose that. I'm not gonna lose you..." He put his head in his shoulder. "I can't lose you, Dal.." Dallon put his arm around him and kissed his forehead. "Then you won't lose me. We'll go. I'll tell her about my dad, and you can tell her about yours. We can figure this out. I promise." Brendon smiled and looked up at Dallon. "I love you.." Dallon placed a soft kiss on his lips and looked into the boys eyes. "I love you too.."

****************
A/N: 200 reads?? I'm shook guys.