Chapter 3

After a 20 minute walk full of awkward silence, the boys arrive at Dallon's house. "My parents won't be home until 5, so you don't have to worry about talking to them." Brendon nodded and followed the other boy into the house. He looked around the house in awe. This is so nice. Why is someone like me in here?" Dallon saw him looking around and giggled. He looked down awkwardly, and he felt a bit embarrassed. He followed Dallon upstairs into his room. "Whoa." His room gave off a major 80's vibe. He even had an old tv with the switches and antennas with an old-ass VCR. He looked around a bit more and saw a poster that caught his eye. "Back to the Future?" Dallon looked at him with excitement in his eyes. "Only the best movie ever made." They both laughed as Brendon sat down on his bed. "You're house is so nice. I don't know why you invited someone like me over." The other boy looked at him and sat on the floor in front of him. "Because I wanna be friends, and if we're friends, you're gonna be over here a lot." Brendon looked up in confusion. "F-friends?"

———————————

"Yeah, friends."

"I haven't had a friend since.."

Dallon looked up in confusion. "Since?"
"Never mind." He saw Brendon look away, so he wasn't gonna ask anymore questions. They had just met 30 minutes ago, anyways. "Was it weird that I invited you over? I mean, we just met and-" "No, it's okay. I needed a friend anyways."

After an hour of talking about the best and worst 80's movies, Brendon thought he should start heading home. Before he left, Dallon decided to ask him a question. "Can I sit with you at lunch tomorrow? You always look lonely and I could keep you company." Brendon looked up and smiled. "But what about your friends?"

"They can deal with it. You're my friend too."

And with that, the boy started walking home. Dallon was happy to see a smile on his face. Now that he thinks about it, today was the first day he's seen him smile.

**********
A/N: I have a speech competition tomorrow sksksk wish me luck