Chapter 5

Brendon had calmed down enough to start walking again. Dallon's shoulder was wet from where Brendon had been crying, but he didn't mind. If it made Brendon feel better, he would do it again. He doesn't deserve to be treated the way that he does. He was 13 when Ryan was murdered. And to have people blame him for it? Brendon was strong, stronger then Dallon probably could've been. He was a nice guy who didn't deserve so much hate. They had only known each other for a day, but Dallon felt like this was gonna be a good friendship.

They were almost to Brendon's when he stopped. Dallon looked back at Brendon, confused. "My house is... well it's shit. I'm kind of embarrassed by it." Dallon looked at Brendon and smiled. "It's just a house. I don't care how shit it is." Brendon sighed and shrugged. They kept walking until they reached a tiny blueish-greenish house. The paint was chipped, but all-in-all, it looked cute. Brendon sighed. "This is the place." Dallon smiled, and looked at the other boy. "I love it. Don't be ashamed of it." They both smiled and looked at the house. Dallon looked at his phone. "Damn, I have to get home before my parents do. Do you have a number or something that I can have?" Brendon grabbed his phone and handed it to Dallon. "That's my Snapchat. My number doesn't work." Dallon typed in the username and chuckled. "What kind of username is 'panicatthedisco'?" Brendon grabbed his phone and laughed. "It's better than 'brobeck1981'." Dallon laughed. "Touché, Urie. Touché." They both waved as Dallon walked away and Brendon walked into his house.

——————————

His dad was passed out in his recliner. The smell of beer and pizza filled the living room as the old tv blared a football game. Brendon shook his head and walked upstairs to his room. He closed his door and looked around. His off-white room was small and messy. His bed was unmade, there were clothes on the floor, and pill bottles under the bed. He put his backpack down and walked towards his nightstand. He had a bottle of vodka and a couple of pill bottles next to it. He grabbed one of the pill bottles and took out one opioid. He knew this was bad, getting addicted to pain killers, but they took away the pain. He grabbed the vodka and got ready to take the pill. Before he popped it in his mouth, he heard his phone ding. He sat down the pill and vodka and opened his phone.

Snapchat
1 notification from brobeck1981

He still laughed at the username as he opened the snap. It was a picture of the sky with the caption "your neighborhood is really pretty." Brendon opened his window and sat on the windowsill, his feet dangling from the height. He had never really looked at the sky. He opened his camera and took a picture of the sky.

I guess it is, huh?

*********************
A/N: I've done absolutely nothing today but watch Supernatural and write this. What is my life coming to?