Chapter 7

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. Dallon sat on a swing in the park, waiting for Brendon to show up. He opened his phone and checked his notifications to pass the time.

Dallon laughed and exited out of Snapchat

Dallon laughed and exited out of Snapchat. "Dallon, what are you doing here?" He looked up to find his dad staring at him. Shit. Dallon wasn't supposed to leave the house without his parents permission. "I-uh.. I'm meeting a friend. S-something important." He stutters when he's nervous or anxious. Right now, he felt like he was both. "Is that why you said you couldn't go to church with me and your mother? Next time, just tell us the truth. We'll understand." Dallon sighed. "Yes sir." His dad walked off and he rolled his eyes. He hasn't been to church in months. His parents started to question his faith. Honestly, he didn't know what he believed anymore. "Earth to Dallon! You there?" He snapped out of his trance and looked over to see Brendon in the swing next to him. "H-hey. Sorry, I was th-thinking." Dallon looked down at his feet. "You okay, Dal? You were really out of it." Dallon looked back up and smiled. "Yeah, I'm okay." The other boy smiled and twiddled with his thumbs. It was a quiet morning. Not many people were at the park because of church. It wasn't too hot but it wasn't too cold. It was just a beautiful Sunday morning, spent with a just as beautiful man. Dallon's eyes widened. Did he just think what he thought he did? He was a bit red. He cleared his throat. "S-so what did you want to talk about t-today?" Brendon laughed at the boys stutters. "I just wanted to hang out with someone. I needed a distraction, I guess."

"You wanna walk around town?"

"That sounds fun."

The boys walked around the town for hours. They went into stores, ran around parks, and just had a good time. The sun was starting to set and the boys decided to go back to Brendon's. "Can we go into your backyard? I love the way the sky looks in your neighborhood." Brendon agreed and the boys walked to the yard. They layed down next to each other and looked at the sky. It was a crescent moon, and the sky was still a dark blue. Dallon's heart was pounding. They were so close to each other. Brendon seemed clueless, and maybe it should stay that way.

—————————

"So, what was the real reason you wanted to hang out today?" Brendon kept his eyes on the moon. "You might as well know. I'm trying to get clean." Dallon looked over at him. "Clean from what?" Brendon nervously chuckled. "Pain killers, alcohol, weed, anything to make me feel numb. It's all I could do after school to take the pain away." Brendon looked at Dallon. "I have a reason to get clean now. I don't need drugs to take away the pain, I just needed a friend." Dallon smiled and looked away quickly. He kept his eyes on him. "Okay, something's up with you today. You have something on your mind. What is it?" Dallon turned red. He stayed silent, like he was still thinking. Dallon mumbled "I'm sorry" Under his breath. Brendon put all his attention on the other boy. "Dallon? Sorry for wh-" The other boy grabbed his face and kissed him. Brendon's eyes widened and he turned red. Dallon pulled away. "Shit. Shit. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done th-" Brendon grabbed his face and kissed back. Their lips parted and they looked at each other. They were both red. They chuckled and looked away. Then Dallon's phone started ringing. "Shit, it's my dad. I'll, umm, I'll text you later. Ahhh. Bye!" He started running down the street, trying to get home. Brendon couldn't help but laugh. This was the first time he had genuinely smiled in ages.

He walked into his room and grabbed his pill bottles. He walked into his bathroom and dumped them into the toilet. I don't need you to be happy anymore. He flushed the toilet and felt proud of himself.

Ding!

Snapchat
1 notification from Dallon Weekes😎

*****************
A/N: owo so much gay