Chapter 6 - Welcome Home

Walking out the room, Jedidiah pulled on the fire alarm. The siren blared throughout the hospital as patient's cells were unlocked. They ran towards the exit like animals. Security guards came out the elevator and readied their weapons. However, they failed to stop the prisoners that were screaming and busting out the windows, doors, and vents. Jedidiah grabbed my hand and ran down the crowded corridor. My body bumped into many frantic patients.

"Where are we-"

"Just follow me," he asserted.

Reaching the end of the hall, he panted heavily and rested. I looked around for any signs of security guards. 'Thank god... nobody is here.'

"Where are we headed?"

"There's a hidden exit down the hallway. We can go there," he replied.

"Alright, let's go-"

His lips abruptly crashed into mine, causing me to flinch. Our tongues danced together as he pulled me into his lap. I felt his large hands caress my waist and a small smile formed on my lips. His touch always brought me protection and comfort. Pulling away from his lips, I caught my breath and stared at him with a shocked expression.

"W-what was-"

"I just couldn't help myself," he grinned and stood up, "We should get going."

Standing up, I followed him down the strange hallway. The complete reticence crept me out a bit. 'I never even seen this part of the hospital.' He opened a heavy, steel door that led to a cold, sinister hallway. The dimly lit room had cobwebs all over the place and a glass door stood at the end of the hallway. Beyond the glass door, there was an entrance to the woods. 'This must be the exit.' Grabbing my hand, Jedidiah walked to the door and opened it. The cold breeze greeted my (s/c) skin, giving me goosebumps. We started to walk toward the mysterious, dark woods before Jedidiah's voice interrupted the eerie silence.

"We need to find my ma-"

Suddenly, a loud gunshot rang out behind us. Gasping, I cowered in fear and looked behind me. A security guard stood at the door holding a pistol that was smoking. Looking over at Jedidiah, I witnessed a horrifying sight. Blood dripped down his face as he began to stagger. I noticed the two, bullet-sized holes on his cheeks. They spurted out with heavy flows of crimson blood. 'H-He shot him.' He fell onto me and tears formed in my eyes.

"J-J-JEDIDIAH!"

A faint groan of pain escaped his lips and he closed his eyes. His body went limp and fell onto mine. I held his heavy body close to me and fell to my knees. 'He's too heavy... I can't tell if he's dead.' Hearing the cock of a gun, I glared at the security guard.

"H-HOW COULD YOU?!"

"I can't let an insane man escape alive and I definitely cannot let you loose because you tried to help him break out. Either you come with me or you can end up like him," he said coldly.

"You asshole... I'll never comply to you," anger seethed with every word I spoke.

"What a shame. Looks like you'll suffer the same fate as him."

I clenched my eyes shut, expecting my death to be quick. Unexpectedly, a scream rang out, followed by a loud thunk of metal. Opening my eyes, I saw the nice security guard, Tate, standing over the other security guard. He held a bloodied, metal pipe in his hands and breathed heavily. The other security guard laid limp on the flood while blood spilled out from the wound on his head. Cocking his head in my direction, a worried expression crept onto his face as he ran toward me.