Chapter 8 - Confession time

BECCAS POV

I'm sat on the couch right now in the living room all on my own as I hear water running continuously, Piper must be in the shower. Right now i'm reading and signing all the document forms we had been given from the radio station, it's like i'm basically signing my life away as I read over the rules and regulations.

As I'm about to sign on the dotted line my phone vibrates from somewhere in the couch making me stand up and throw pillows everywhere frantically in order to find it, I groan and huff when I find it cause it stops ringing, I had missed the call and it was from Zayn too.

I ring him back and he immediately answers "Oh Becca hey. I didn't expect you to ring me back so soon" His Bradford accent comes through to my ear.

"Sorry I couldn't find my phone in time" I explain letting him know that I wasn't ignoring him or anything like that.

"No worries" He laughs and then the line goes silent as if we were expecting each other to say something but Zayn ended up beating me to it. "You busy? I could pick you up and we could go somewhere?" He asks me, making me jump up and down on the spot in excitement.

"Yeah I could go for food if you're hungry?" I ask and suggest at the same time, hoping he'll say yes but either way I wasn't fussed cause I'm going out with one of the hottest guys I've ever known.

"Sounds good. Be there in ten" He says before the line goes dead and I'm now stood in shock that I have a date with Zayn.

Reality hits me and I look down to what I'm wearing, red plaid pyjama shorts with a band tee, I quickly rush upstairs and find some black ripped skinny jeans and put them on, I leave the band tee on and chuck my leather jacket over it then slip on my black heeled boots. I look over at the mirror and see my hair is up in a messy bun so I take it out and run my fingers through it leaving it in natural messy curls.

I have 5 minutes left so I apply some mascara and lipgloss then head downstairs to find Piper now sat on the couch with wet hair in her pyjamas and a towel draped around her shoulders. "Hey you look nice" She looks over and compliments me to which I smile at "Where you off to?" She asks and then a wave of guilt flushes over me, I'll be leaving her here on her own.

"Zayn rang and wants to take me out, you don't mind do you?" I ask her nervously twiddling my fingers in case she'd rather me stay here with her which I would happily do anyway.

"Of course you can go out, you don't have to ask me I'm not your mum" She laughs and I run over to her giving her a hug, we pull away from the hug just as someone knocks on the door, it's probably Zayn. I go to answer it but I get pulled back by my arm. "sign first and then go have fun" Piper says handing me the document papers, I roll my eyes but take the pen from her other hand and sign it before handing the papers back to her.

I answer the door with a big smile on my face, "Hey Zayn"

"Hey, you look amazing" Zayn compliments me and I'm trying so hard to not blush right now. "Hey Piper" He says looking past me and towards Piper giving her a slight wave.

"I want her back by 9. Am I clear young man?" Piper playfully scolds him acting like she's my mother and I roll my eyes at her, Zayn doesn't pick up on her playful tone in her voice though and ends up looking terrified, gulping in fear.

"Zayn i'm kidding. Have fun" Piper says now seeing him so tensed up, he ends up laughing then taking my hand in his pulling me away from my crazy friend.

ZAYNS POV

"I was thinking that maybe we could walk to the beach instead? It's literally only 10 minutes away from your house" I ask her full of hope. I wasn't really hungry as I had already ate.

"Yeah that sounds good. I'll eat with Piper when I get home, I feel bad leaving her there on her own" I admit to him and he nods along with what I'm saying.

We get to the beach and literally no one was here, it looked like a desert but the sea was here, we stop for a second to just take everything in. It was so picturesque right now and serene, I could stay here all night.

"So there's a reason why I kinda asked to see you tonight. Something has happened and you deserve to know since it involves you" I admit turning to face her trying to study every single detail.

"Okay...?" She gives me a questionable look wanting me to continue and just tell her whats going on.

"Well you kinda know that me and Niall have both got a thing for you" I start which makes her turn away and blush which automatically makes me smile at her, she's so cute. I shake my head getting my train of thought back on track. "Becca you need to know some things. I don't like you anymore because those feelings have now gotten stronger and stronger since I've got to know you but I also can't hurt Niall" I admit letting the words pour out of me, I turn to look at the sea now so she can't see my expression.

"Zayn I-" She goes to say something but instead I cut her off.

"But heres the other thing. I-I shouldn't get so guilty for liking you so much and not wanting to hurt Niall when he'll do anything to stab me in the back" I couldn't help myself the words were just flowing out of me and I couldn't stop it.

"I-I-I don't get it. What are you trying to tell me Zayn?" She asks even more confused now turning her whole body towards me and I mirror her actions so I'm now facing her.

"Niall has a girlfriend Becca" I finally confess making her angry and her mouth fall agape but the words didn't stop there as I said those stupid 3 words that I promised Niall I wouldn't say to her.

"And I love you'