4

We reach the doors of Mr. Argent's vehicle, and Scott opens the back door. "Liam get in the other side to help her in," Mr. Argent instructs.

"What? No. He's not going anywhere near her again!" Scott protests.

My eyes flutter open and see Liam frozen in place, unsure of who to listen to. "Guys...kinda don't have time to argue," I pant heavily. Liam meets my look and immediately goes to other side and slides in.

He reaches his arms out as Mr. Argent maneuvers me into the backseat. I feel Liam carefully wrap one arm around my waist to pull me further into the SUV. His other hand cradles my head as I lay across his lap. As soon as I'm in, Scott and Mr. Argent hop into the front seats.

"I'm calling Deaton. She still needs to have them looked at so she doesn't get an infection," Scott informs Mr. Argent as he speeds toward my house. After he does, he turns in his seat and reaches his hand out.

I scoff weakly. "I'd like to keep my pain...thanks."

"Why are you so stubborn?" He asks irritatedly.

"Pain makes you stronger..." I whisper. He sighs and his eyes soften.

Then, they shift onto Liam. "How did you find the clearing anyway? I didn't get a chance to lead you there..."

"Oh...um." He shifts slightly in his seat. "I think I knew Evelyn was out there. Her perfume was-"

Scott interrupts. "So, you went there to attack my sister."

"Scott..." I warn.

At the same time, Liam says defensively, "No! I would never do that! I don't think I was trying to hurt her...I could just smell her and it was like...hypnotizing."

"Are you kidding me?" Scott groans to himself as he turns back around.

Liam worriedly brushes the hair out of my face. "Hey," I murmur.

"What's wrong? Is it hurting again?" He looks over me with concern.

I slowly shake my head. "It's not your fault. You didn't mean to..."

He opens his mouth to respond, but I close my eyes to rest for the remainder of the journey. At some point, I feel Liam slip out from under me and someone else holds me up. More than likely, Scott. We finally reach home and Scott carries me into the house before laying me on the couch.

Deaton arrives immediately after. "Go get them. She's lost a lot of blood. I'll clean her wounds," he instructs calmly.

Scott races upstairs and returns with a small bag that rattles like maracas. He dumps the bag onto the coffee table and hurriedly sorts through them. He locates the two orange bottles he needs and unscrews the white caps.

Mr. Argent sits me up carefully and hands me a glass of water. I fill my mouth with the cool liquid as Scott pours a couple of pills from each bottle into my hand. Tilting my head back, I drop them in and let the water wash them down my throat.

"She looks like she's gonna be fine," Deaton informs us as he takes a look at my leg. "They're only nicks, just like she said. Mainly, she needs to rest for the rest of the weekend. Veterinarian's orders," he chuckles.

I smile gratefully. "Thanks, Deaton. Best doctor I've ever had," I joke.

The rest of the weekend is uneventful, as I am basically on bed rest. Scott fawns over me protectively by bringing me tons of food and offering to watch movies with me. He sits in my desk chair and helps me do homework, so I don't fall behind in classes. Monday morning rolls around, and I pull on a turtleneck with cut out shoulders that Victoria bought me. I'm only wearing it because I need to cover up my neck for school.