6

Carefully, I dress the scrapes on my knees from the well. Once they're clean, I put a small bandage on each. I sigh as I roll the legs of my pants back down. If I keep going like this, they can add 'mummy' to the beastiary. As I sit back up, the muscles on my back move and cause an ache to ripple through my skin.

Reaching behind my head, I pull my shirt up and off. I look over my shoulder in a mirror hanging nearby to assess the damage. These bruises must be from when Brett knocked me into the wall. At the time, so many things were happening. I guess I forgot to have Deaton look.

I walk past the examination table where Liam has been lying unconscious for a few hours. Searching the table of tools, I find the ointment from the other day. I walk back over to the mirror and face my back to it. Turning my head over my shoulder, I try to reach the bruises with the ointment. I groan as I try to reach some of the spots to no avail.

"Nnghn." My head quickly snaps toward the sudden sound to see Liam trying to sit up on the table. I immediately walk over and help him. He groans as he fully sits up, swinging his legs off the table. "Where am I?"

I place one hand on his knee and the other on his hand. "We're at the clinic. Deaton had to cut the wolfsbane out of you," I remind him gently.

He looks around disoriented before his eyes land on me. "Right...you helped get me out of the well," he remembers. I nod and keep my eyes trained on him. "What time is it?"

"A little past two...you've been out for, like, five hours," I chuckle in relief.

His face contorts in confusion. "What are you doing here?" I can't read his tone and it irritates me.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay. And that you didn't wake up alone." My lips press into a hard line as my jaw clenches. "So now that both of those are completed...I'm gonna go home," I state flatly.

I turn and retrieve my discarded shirt, quickly sticking my arms through the sleeves. "Why are you leaving? Did I do something?" I hear his feet hit the ground as he stands up.

"No. You didn't do anything," I scoff as I turn around. "But, you seem like you clearly don't want me here so I'll-" I hiss as the sudden movement of pulling my shirt over my head sends an aching pain radiating through the bruises on my back.

Liam closes the distance and hovers his hands beside my elbows. "What was that? Are you okay?"

"'M fine." I jerk my arms away from him and walk over to the corner to grab my bag. "Just some bruises on my back that I forgot to put ointment on."

"Oh, is that why you had your shirt off?" He chuckles as he leans against the examination table.

I click my tongue and stare at him disgustedly. "Like I would take it off for any other reason." My brows furrow in irritation as I head toward the door.

"Ev, wait." His smile fades and he reaches out to grab my elbow gently. I glare at him expectantly. "Let me help you do it."

My eyes briefly look him up and down appraisingly. "Fine," I sigh. "But, only because I can't reach." I drop my bag and walk to the side of the table. "Just don't make it weird," I warn him.

"Promise." He holds his hands up in surrender. I turn toward the table as Liam approaches me. "Your shirt has to be off for me to do it," he says and I can hear the smirk in his voice.

I stare down at the table while I let the silence persist. "It-it hurts to move too much..." I say timidly and I feel a heat spread across my cheeks.

"Oh, why didn't you just say that?" I feel his hands on my hips as he carefully grips the hem of my shirt. "I'm not making it weird. Just...lift up your arms as much as you can."