5

"Oh, shit..." I mumble as I realize what I've done. She releases Brett and slowly comes toward me. I turn and flee toward the door, but a wire slips around my neck. As it tightens, I barely have time to slip one hand in front of my neck to stop it.

She pulls it taut and the metal begins to cut into my palm. I hiss in pain as she pulls tighter. "You're not on the list...but you're gonna help me get someone who is." Suddenly, I feel the wire heat up immensely.

"Ahh!" I cry out in pain as the wire sears the skin of my palm and the sides of my neck. Thinking quickly, I stomp hard on her toes with my heel and she releases slightly. I take the opportunity to jab my elbow into her stomach and she loses her grip.

I tear the wire from over my head and run to see if Brett is alright. Crouching next to him, I try to feel a pulse. "Brett?? Wake up, wake up..." He opens his eyes suddenly, startling me.

"No!" He groans and I turn just in time to see the girl's boot come at me. It lands in my side, knocking me toward the wall with sinks. My head collides with the white porcelain and I quickly black out.

The next thing I know, someone is shaking me awake. "Evelyn! Oh my god...Scott it looks bad!!" My eyes flutter open to find Stiles' brown eyes staring at me with immense worry. "Her eyes are open!!"

"Nnghnn..." I moan as he sits me up slowly. My shaky hand goes to my head and I feel a sticky substance leaking there. I pull my hand away and see the crimson covering my fingertips. "Ah!" I hiss in pain as I turn my hand over and see the burnt line on my palm. "Where is she?"

"Knocked out. The police are on their way," Scott informs me. "We have to get Brett to Deaton...and get you home for your meds."

I shake my head, swallowing the thick feeling in my throat. "I'm going with Brett."

"Nixie, you're bleeding. You need your medicine," Stiles protests, carefully tilting my head to get a better look at the cut.

I pant heavily, shifting my legs to stand up. "I'm sure Deaton has something topical." My eyes meet Scott's with a severe expression. He nods.

With difficulty, Stiles and I hoist Brett up and sling his arms over each of our shoulders. "I'll meet you there as soon as I can," Scott promises as he kisses me on the head. I give him a small smile as we drag Brett out to the Jeep and head to the clinic.

Deaton opens the door and we usher him inside to find Derek there. I hand him off and they lift him onto the table when he begins having a seizure. Yellow liquid is foaming out of his mouth as Deaton finds a scalpel.

"I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible," he instructs while Derek and Stiles struggle to hold his shoulders down. I lean over the end of the table and attempt to hold his feet while he thrashes.

I look up and see that he's woken up. A look of pure fear takes over his face. "He's slipping, I don't think I can hold him!" Stiles warns.

Instantly, Brett musters enough strength to shove everyone away. The force of his feet knock me back into the wall as he gets up and looks around confusedly. He turns to leave just as someone punches him in the face. Peter.

"Hey, doc. I don't think he's breathing!" Stiles says.

I scramble across the floor to sit next to him, cautiously placing my hands on his arm. Deaton carefully makes an incision down the length of his sternum and a yellow gas floats out of the wound. All the while I've been breathing heavily and my heart is pounding against my chest.

My balance waivers and I catch myself with a hand. "Alright, easy there." Stiles steadies me against his chest. "Deaton, she needs checked out."

Stiles gracefully scoops me up and delicately lays me on the table. That's saying something; considering, he's never been graceful or delicate in his life. After cleaning the wound on my head, Deaton applies some kind of herbal paste on it and puts a bandage over it.