Guardian Angel Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I woke up to the sound of Jason calling my name.

“Aimee.” He said.

“Hmm?”

“I think we should go do something today.”

“Like what?”

“I have somewhere I want to take you, so get dressed.” I don’t know why Jason was so eager to go do something. But I didn’t ask any questions. I put on a short floral dress, with a yellow belt and pink lace ballet flats. I put on a little bit of makeup. And brushed my hair and teeth.

“So where are we going?” I said to Jason while I got into his car.

“Somewhere I think you’ll like, just sit back and enjoy the ride.” He drove off. He drove for about thirty minutes until we were deep into a forest that looked strangely familiar.

He parked in front of a large bowl and a dagger. When Jason stepped out of the car, his midnight black wings spread out. I felt little ribbons of mist around my ankles. I then knew exactly where I was.

“I know this place. I was here in a dream.”

“It wasn’t a dream, it was a vision that I made you see. A voice said that you needed to find the one. I am the one. The one to protect you until our lives end.”

I was flabbergasted. He really was my guardian angel. It didn’t feel real until now. 

“We aren’t bound together just mentally. We are together soulfully and by love. You don’t know it but I have been protecting you since you were born. But we become more combined by this ritual. It requires some of my blood, and a small portion of your blood, and one of my feathers. By this we become a part of each other.”

I wanted to say something. But my voice was stuck in my throat.

“Would you do me the honor of joining me in this ritual?”

“Yes. “I said when I finally found my voice. He took my hand and led me over to the large bowl.

“Just follow my lead okay?”

“Okay.” He grabbed the dagger and slashed his palm. I gasped and I instantly went to reach for it. But Jason caught my hand.

“It’s part of the ritual. And angels heal quickly. So it doesn’t hurt me. I was unsure. But I saw the wound quickly heal. He let the blood slip into the bowl.

“Now take the dagger and just prick your finger.”

“Why don’t I have to cut my palm like you?”

“Because that would hurt you terribly.” I nodded. I took the dagger from him and pushed the blade into my finger. I flinched at the pain but I bet it hurts less than Jason’s.