Guardian Angel Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

A/N: OMGGGG! I KNOW YOU GUYS HATE IT WHEN I DO AUTHOR NOTES BUT THIS TIME IT’S FOR SOMETHING AMAZINNNGGG! FIRST AWESOME TRAILER EH? ANYWAY THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE 200+ READS ON GUARDIAN ANGEL! YOU GUYS ARE TOO AWESOME ;D ANYWAY I KNOW YOU JUST WANT ME TO GET ON WITH THE STORY SOOOOOOOOOOO HERE IT IS! /

My dream started out nicely. I was in the middle of a lake, the cool air breezing my bare shoulders, the frogs hopping from one Lilly pad to the next, Birds singing together in harmony. It was as close to paradise as I could possibly get.

Suddenly I felt a warm presence behind me. At first I thought it was Jason. But I turned around to find Andrew standing in front of me. He smiled sinisterly and then his eyes turned blood red. He lunged at me, which ended my dream.

I woke up with a blanket of sweat covering my body. I sat straight up in bed, trying to get my heart rate to go down to a normal speed. Jason was still sound asleep beside me. I grabbed my phone and saw that it was 9 o’clock in the morning. I got dressed and made me some breakfast.

I was about to go to the library to work on my U.S history project, when I heard a crash from downstairs. Panic rose to my throat. I grabbed my pocketknife that I inherited from my father when he died. It was the pocketknife he always carried around.

I pushed the button and the long slender blade popped out. I walked slowly and soundlessly down the stairs.

“Aimee?” Someone from behind said. I was about to ledge the knife in that person’s throat when I saw it was Kelsey. The panic seemed to dissipate from me.

“How did you find me?” I asked her. She looked around the room probably judging the ambiance, like she always does.

“Um, you are the one who texted me saying to meet you here.” Baffled I tried to look as nonchalant as I could. I was trying not to tip her off. Truth be told, Jason wanted her to come over so that I could hang out with my best friend. I never thought he would text her using my phone.

“Oh well Jason is asleep and I was just about to leave.”

“Oh, so you and Jason are now an item.”

“You could say that.”
“Geez Aimee please tell me you used protection.”

Baffled once more, I was tempted to profoundly hit her upside the head for saying that; but I kept my composure.

“Kelsey, I have not even had sex with him, and really it’s none of your business of what my love life is, really I don’t know why you are even here but I guess you have a good reason.”

“Wow, seriously, if I didn’t know any better I would say that your father was the devil.” She put extra emphasis on was. I was astounded; nobody had ever said that to me about my father. And not only that, she put way too much emphasis on was! Referring that my father was dead. Burning rage stirred in my chest. I was about to explode like Mt. Vesuvius did thousands of years ago. But before I could form the words Jason came downstairs.