Chapter 1 - Hurt

=Sabre's POV=

We were in battle. With the very gods who had built this world. I... I was terrified. I knew that me and my friend were strong, but I don't have powers, and the lores we were up againt were WAY stronger than us. 'We've deafeated plenty of villans before,' I thought as I was fighting, 'this shouldn't be THAT hard...'

As the swords clanged together, I heard my friend shout. I kicked the villan in the gut and looked over to Rainbow Steve, who was on the ground, shivering as Dark Steve came closer. "NO!" I shouted, just before I saw his sword go though Rainbow Steve's body.

In a sudden rage, I threw my four daggers at Dark Steve. I have to admit, I enjoyed his shocked expression as the daggers cut though his skin into his muscle. He looked at me. I was as shocked as he was. He disappeared in a cloud of smoke and code. I ran towards Nightmare Steve, my sword out and ready to strike. He vanished before I could hit him. Coward.

I tured back to Rainbow Steve. I raced foward and slid next to him. I checked his pulse. I breathed a sigh of relief when I felt his heart beating. I slowly pulled the sword out, careful not to damage him any more than he already was. Only then did I realise how small and frail he was as I picked him up, cradling his head in my arm.

---flashback---

We had just finished building the tower. Rainbow Steve was exited. "Sabre, it's so pretty!" He said. I smiled as he stood next to me. He was short, probably a foot smaller than me. I ruffled his fluffy hair and he laughed, hugging me.

---flashback end---

I snapped back to the present as I entered our hideout. Laying Rainbow Steve on a blanket I placed down, I took off his jacket and shirt to reveal a deep, bloody, wound. I winced. Cleaning his wound, I wondered how long it would take him to wake up. I was scared. After I finished the bandaging, I layed my friend on his bed, and covered him with a comfoter.

I sighed. "It'll be okay," I told myself, "he's still alive..."