Chapter 3 - A Nightmare

I was shaking and shivering in Sabre's arms. Dark Steve had done this to me. I looked down at my bandaged wound. I could still see in greyscale, so I could see the blood staining the supposed white bandages. I felt like I was in another world.

Sabre offered me some water, and I accepted. I felt really dehydrated. And hungry. I asked for some food too. He set me into a lying position on my bed, giving back the pillow, then left the room. I stared out my second-story window at the beautiful town.

Too bad I couldn't really see the colors. At least I could still see the grey shades, cause, y'know, I could've lost my sight completely. I had to be grateful for that.

All of a sudden, I felt an odd tiredness sweep over me. 'That's weird. I just woke up...' I thought, just before I drifted into unconsciousness.

=Sabre's POV=

I walked into the room with a glass of water and some food. "Hey, Rainbow Steve, I'm back." I noticed he had fallen asleep. I smiled. He had a peaceful expression on his face as he slept.

I set the food and water on his nightstand and sat down on his bed, rubbing his soft cheek. He smiled and mumbled something in his sleep. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep next to him.

=Rainbow Steve's POV=

I woke up in a new place. I looked up. Things were colorful again. "So it was just a dream," I sighed.

"Rainbow Steve! What're you doing? Get up man!" A familiar voice said. I looked to my right and saw Sabre holding out a sword to me. It was my sword. I grabbed it and stood up. "Sabre, I had the weirdest dream..."

"No time!" He interrupted, "We're in battle!"

I looked around at the fire around us. Then I looked into the sky and saw Nightmare Steve, Dark Steve, and Shadow Sabre. I shreiked. Shadow Sabre charged toward Sabre and struck him down. He shouted. I screamed.

Nightmare Steve and Dark Steve charged towards me, their swords out and ready to hit me. I pulled out my sword and started blocking their attacks. "RAINBOW STEVE!" Sabre shouted as Dark Steve managed to slice my skin.

I glanced over at Sabre, who was being held still by Shadow Sabre. He was struggling to break free of his shadow's strong grasp.

In that instant, Nightmare Steve drove his sword through my heart. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Tears streamed down my face as I locked eyes with Sabre. He cried out to me as Nightmare Steve pulled his sword out of my chest harshly.

I fell on my knees, still looking to wherever Sabre's eye's were, behind his dark grey blind fold. My vison blurred and I fell to the floor, eveything turning grey. "Sabre..." I said, just before everything went black.