Chapter 7 - Sneeking In

=Sabre's POV=

Lucas and I had split up to look for Rainbow Steve and Light Steve hours ago. My feet hurt. I had set off in a random direction, so I had no idea if I was even heading towards them at all. Most likely, I was traveling in the complete opposite direction.

But I saw something tall and black out of the corner of my eye. I looked and saw a large, obsidian fortress. I decided to go and spy on the castle, and if it's not occupied, I could use it somehow to me and my friends adantage.

I saw guards in the front. I watched as a person in an odd black outfit was stopped by some guards. After talking a little, they let him through. He looked like one of the dark spirits. The pale skin, the dark clothes.

I checked my backpack for anything dark to wear. I found a cloak, but it was white with a light green trimming. That wasn't fooling anybody. I guessed I would have to sneak in.

I found some sort of protective wrist bands, though. I slipped them on and grabbed more armor. Enough to protect me, but not enough to way me down.

I went up to the moat of the fortress and did something reckless. I jumped in and swam across. I scaled the large wall effortlessly and before I knew it, I was sneeking into the castle's side entrance.

I saw Rainbow Steve, still shirtless, lounging on a large throne that looked to be made of coal. I saw the person from before run in from the door with a golden crown. He offered my friend the crown, and he bent down to allow the person to place the crown on his head.

I watched as the crown was fit onto Rainbow Steve's head. It was a perfect fit. But before he leaned back into his throne, the person grabbed him and tied a gag over his mouth. The person moved with remarkable speed as he tied Rainbow Steve up.

I didn't do anything. I just stood back and watched, the only other person in the room. The cap came off the person's head, and I immeadiatly understood what was happening.

=Light Steve's POV=

I pulled my brother's hands behind his back and my cap fell off. I panicked and finished the bonds so I could pick up my cap. Then I heard a familiar voice. "Light Steve?"

I turned to my left and saw Sabre standing in a doorway. "Sabre!" I hissed, "Get outta here! It's not safe!"

Sabre's expression suddenly turned from hopeful to worried, then to anger. "Get him outta here," he said, "NOW!" He lunged at something behind me, his sword out and ready to strike. His target was Nightmare Steve. "DON'T LOOK BACK!" He yelled.

I almost cursed as I ran away with my brother's stuggling body in my arms. I leaped into the air over the wall and kept going, not looking back. After thirty minutes I stopped to rest. I set my brother's lightweight body up againt a tree.

I watched as he gave me the death glare. His eyes were so full of hatred and malice. Then he hung his head, passing out. I checked his pulse, just in case. I sighed and got up to check my surroundings.

Then I heard leaves crunching nearby, and I automatically went into defense mode.

I saw a hooded figure walking through the trees. It was Sabre. I shouted for him, and he turned. When he came over, I realised he was hurt. Hurt badly.