Chapter 5 - Fading to Grey

=Light Steve's POV=

Something about my big brother didn't seem right. When Sabre started crying, I walked over and sat on the floor next to the couch. He looked into my eyes, and I noticed what was different about him.

His eyes... they were a sad, souless, grey, that had no emotion in them at all. I tried my hardest not to cry. The look he gave me. Even though he was smiling, he just looked so... sad...

I stood up. "Should I go get Lucas?" I asked them.

"Sure..." Sabre responded, "If you want... I guess he should know about this."

I walked outside and looked at the stars. It was about five a.m., and the sun was just peeking over the horizon. "LUCAS!" I shouted.

"WHAT?" I heard him shout back. He was busy organizing recources in the chests outside. He looked over and saw the worried expression on my face. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I explained, and he followed me to the house with a concerend look on his face.

=Sabre's POV=

I finally figured out what was wrong with Rainbow Steve. I found out when I went to change his bandages. When I unwrapped them, I saw that some of the skin around his wound had turned grey. I looked at it in horror.

"Sabre... what is it?" Rainbow Steve asked, seeing my expression.

"Your skin... it's turning grey..." I told him. He gasped and started crying. I gave him new bandages and hugged him, trying to comfrot my poor friend. We were up against something stronger than I thought.

=Lucas's POV=

Light Steve brought me inside the house, when I saw Sabre and Rainbow Steve on the couch, hugging and crying. I rushed over. "Wh-what happened?" I asked in shock.

Sabre looked at me.

"Lucas... Light Steve... he's dying." He told me. I was shocked. I looked over at Light Steve, who had started to cry. We went in for the hug too, Rainbow Steve being smushed on the inside.

---later---

=Rainbow Steve's POV=

I woke up in my bed. I didn't know why, but I wasn't tired anymore. I got up to get a glass of water. The glass that was on my nightstand earlier had been removed.

When I got the water and took a sip, I felt a jolt of pain shoot up my spine. I yelped in suprisement, then pain, and then fear. What had done that?

"AHAHAHAHAH! I'M FINALLY BACK!" Someone said. I looked around frantically, searching for the sound of the voice.

"Oh, I'm only inside of your head, Rainbow Steve," they said to me. "Also inside your BODY."

All of a sudden, I couldn't control my body anymore. I watched as my hand spasmed, dropping the glass. I watched it shatter on the floor.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. I could hardly even think. 'Wh-what's happening to me...' I thought helplessly as my legs started to walk out the door. I couldn't do anything about it. I was going to have to comply to whatever, or whoever, this was.