7.) Scars

"Oh... I didn't realize you were bringing another girl..." Michonne mumbled. "I'm used to you guys only bringing Henry. We don't have any other rooms. You can share a room with Henry or share the living room with Daryl, it's your choice," Michonne shrugged sympathetically.

"We'll figure it out. Thank you," I smiled lightly. Michonne nodded and walked down the dimly lit hallway to her room. "I'll just share with Henry, it's no big deal," I told Ezekiel, who was standing behind me.

"I'll sleep on the floor," he grinned.

"I told you. Gentleman..." Carol trailed off. I smiled a little.

"What?" Henry asked.

"Oh nothing. Just that you two are going to make beautiful children," Carol laughed.

"What?" Henry asked. "You don't - I don't - never mind," he mumbled and walked into the room we were sharing.

"Good luck with him," Ezekiel and Carol said in unison. I nodded, walking off to the room.

***

"I can sleep on the floor, I don't mind," Henry said as I came out from the bathroom.

"Okay," I responded, sitting down on the bed. "You sure? I'm used to sleeping on the ground."

"Yeah," he nodded as he took one of the pillows from the bed, along with one of the blankets we were given. "While they're figuring everything out it's going to be pretty boring, I'll warn you."

"Let's play 20 questions," I smiled.

"What?"

"20 questions. Do you know that game?"

"Yes."

"Let's play it. You go first. Ask me hard questions, don't go easy." I got under the blanket of the bed and he got under his makeshift sleeping area. He shut the light off.

"What's that scar on your jaw line?" Henry asked.

"Wow, you aren't really taking it easy," I let out a small laugh. "I got in a car accident when I was 4. I'm surprised you saw it. You must've been staring."

"Well, I um... I... well, your turn."

"Is Ezekiel your adoptive father? Carol too?"

"Ezekiel is, yes. My mom - Carol - got with him about 5 years back." He responded. I nodded.

"Your turn."

For the next couple hours we asked questions and answered, it was clear neither of us were really tired. I asked two questions in a row, leaving him with one question left.

"You... want a tour of Alexandria tomorrow?" He asked. I looked at him with a small nod. "And... lunch?"

"What are you trying to get at Henry?" I asked mockingly. He shrugged.

"I think you have an idea. Night."

I smiled to myself. I laid back in the bed, turning on my side, facing away from him. I didn't sleep, but I did feel like I was dreaming.

***

"Do we have a name yet?" Michonne asked as she handed Henry and I plates of breakfast.

"No, we didn't want to risk them finding us," Ezekiel responded.

"Okay. How many people?"

"Hundreds," Daryl mumbled, slurping down his bacon. I began to pick at my food, my brain hanging between the luxury of Henry or the fear of another community that could pose a threat. I know I haven't been with these people for a long time, but Henry and Ezekiel have a way of making me feel at home.

"You think they are targeting us?" Michonne questioned.

"A man was watching Navy outside her window. Who knows if he was watching anybody else. When he was questioned he threatened us." Ezekiel told her.

"Okay. Well Maggie and Jesus should be here soon. Once they are, we can go to the Main Hall and discuss. Then have the people vote. I'll radio the Hilltop and Kingdom and make sure they have extra guards at the walls."

***

"It's a lot smaller than the Kingdom," I respond as we sit down on the wooden porch steps.

"Yeah. This is where all the builders are. Also where a lot of the crops grow," Henry responded, tucking his blade into its sheath. "Did you have siblings?" He asked as he looks at me.

"That's actually funny," I said with a small laugh. "I remember a mysterious kid who'd always come to the house and stay a few nights. My dad always said he was just a family friend but I've overheard the kid call him Dad. So I guess you could say I have a brother but I don't really know."

"...oh."

"What about you?" I ask as I look at him.

"I had an older brother. Ben. He died. He was shot by one of the Saviors. What happened with your parents?"

"My mother got sick and died, when I was really young. My dad... I hardly remember him. The only thing I can identify him by is a scar on his upper chest, from the car crash. His name was N-"

"Navy?" A husky voice called. I turned to my right shoulder. There was a man, shaven head, about an inch of gray hair, and a 2-3 inch long beard. He had brown eyes. He was standing behind bars, his hands holding onto the bars as he looked up at me through the distance.

"Negan? How do you know her?" Henry asked as he stood up, walking down the steps and looking down the following steps towards him. I stood up and walked up next to him.

"Navy, it's me. Negan. Daddy," he grinned.