soccer player ~ a irwin

triggers: mentions of a knee injury, but thats it besides like two curse words

I dont know much about soccer, so forgive me if something is a little off.

The stadium was quiet. Everyone had seen what happened, there was no need for a replay. One minute, y/n was dribbling down the green turf, the next she felt a snap on her right side, she went down, and everything went silent.

Everyone heard her scream of pain, some say that the defender kicked her knee, some say the defender pushed her, which caused y/n to twist, and then caused her knee to buckle.

Ashton held his hands up to his mouth, clasping them together tightly. "C'mon y/n. Get up, get up." He said underneath his breath, he closed his eyes, not wanting to see his fiancé in such pain.

"Y/n, lay your head back." The trainer, that was named pepper, who had been at the university for years told her. The other trainer put a towel underneath her head, "Tell me what day it is." "Its a Friday."

They set her on a stretcher, and she winced at the sudden, sharp pain that ran from her leg all the way up and down her body. "G-get Ash for me." She said, closing her eyes and putting her hands on her head. Everyone clapped as she went into the tunnel, and Ashton ran up the stairs, and made his way towards the training room

"I will, but first you need to tell me who you were playing" She took deep breaths in and out, "Iowa state, we are ahead, 13-4. It was the third quarter, i had two points, and Sarah had four." Pepper smiled as he put an IV in her arm.

"You already knew the questions, didn't you?" He smiled, and she heard Ashtons heavy foot steps down the hall. Y/n bit down on a towel as tears slipped from her eyes, he sighed out of relief when he found her.

He grabbed her hand, and gave it tons of kisses. "You scared me out there..." he said, he closed his eyes and held her hand. "Ash, i need you to sign this so she can go to the hospital." Pepper asked.

"What? No, no hospitals. Just put me in a brace and i will be fine." Ashton gave her a serious look, and he signed the paper. She put her head back on the vinyl bed the training room, and said under her breath 'fuck you'

"Ashton you of all people know i dont like hospitals." He knelt beside the bed, took your hand in his and kissed it every now and then. He waited til Pepper left the room to speak, "Hey, you played your heart out today."

She sighed, knowing good and well that her soccer career was over. "Tell me whats wrong my sweet." He spoke, feeling awful for his girl. "You dont get it Ash. My career is over. This is my senior year, if i were to go to the pros, this would be the year i could get drafted. Its not easy to be a woman in sports."

His heart broke at her defeated state, if he could take all the pain away, he would do it in a heart beat. And she knew that too. "Your career may be over, but your life isn't. This is just a bump in the road. You have your whole life ahead of you, we, have our whole life together. Im glad you are letting me be apart of it."

He kissed the side of your head, and she smiled. envisioning their lives together in her mind, and she was so happy that she ran into him, that one rainy morning.

"Do i still have to go to the hospital?" He laughed, "Yes, you do." "Damn it."

I appreciate feedback!