Brotherly Duties ~ A Irwin (farmer/dad!au)

tw: none! // wc: 2034

in this fic Judah is 17, Willow is 15, Olivia and Levi are 11, the twins Max and Mason are 3.

Judah had followed his same morning routine. Wake up just before sun up like his father, going out to help with the horses and cattle. Then he came back to the house, got a quick bite to eat for breakfast and then went to school.

It was a little hard for yn to see her little boy start to drive. (even though he was already sixteen, she was still her little boy) that meant he was just that much closer to leaving the nest.

He dropped his younger sibling levi off at middle school, and drove himself and his other younger sister willow over to the high school. His other sister, olivia at this point was homeschooled to her liking.

Their mother kissed them both on the cheek, judah and willow both having to bend down a bit since they both have their father's height. Olivia, not so much. Yn was hopeful she would at least grow to 5'5.

Judah and willow parted ways, judah going to the left while she went to the right to their separate ways. His best friend logan finds him, logan snacking on a breakfast bar. Just about every time judah saw logan he was always snacking on something. Surprisingly though, logan was pretty much a sack of bones. He said that he runs all of it off due to track, but he has to keep his energy.

"Dude, i think your sister is seeing taylor." judah shoots his head over to the tall red head, his blue eyes wide and his curly blond hair falling in his face a little. "What do you mean? Did you see them?"

"Yeah, just now." he mumbled, a few crumbs falling out of his full mouth as he looked past judah's shoulder as he saw willow leaning against her locker, a sorta long haired brunette boy standing a little too close to his sister for Judah's comfort.

Eventually after a few minutes of staring, willow looked to her left and saw her brother who was fuming. If he were a cartoon, smoke would be coming out of his ears. "Dude calm down." logan said, finishing his breakfast bar and taking a few steps to throw it in the trash.

"How do you expect me to calm down? My sister is dating my teammate and neither of them didn't bother to tell me logan." the tall blond grabbed his textbooks that he would need for the first couple of classes, and then slammed his locker door.

He moved through the sea of students, making a beeline for his sister and teammate. He stands in front of the both of them, willow clearly annoyed by him and taylor intimidated. "What's uh, what's going on here?"

She rolled her eyes, "nothing judah. Don't get your man panties in a twist, we're just friends." she turned around and got her books for first period out of her locker and held them against her chest. "Yeah, well if you weren't just friends you wouldn't say that."

The bell rings and kids start to spread into their classrooms. Judah stares the two down as he walks backwards, logan following. "They're totally dating." judah shook his head, breathing out a couple of laughs. "How do you know? I mean, she did say that they were just friends. She's your sister why would she lie to you?"

Judah started to turn into the classroom that was painted white, yellow and purple, the school colors. "Because, she's my sister. She has every reason to lie to me about that kinda stuff." they both walked to the back of the classroom and sit in two seats next to each other like they always have done.

"I may be an only child, but that sounds like you guys need therapy." judah laughs at his friends comment, "i am the oldest of six kids, if any of us needs therapy is definitely me." judah pulled out his papers for the class and leaned back in his chair, "now that i can agree on." the two boys chuckled a little, and the class begun.